Saturday 2 January 2021

Happy scary and bouncy new year

We're in 2021.

That's a full stop. Not "Yeah! It's 2021!" I guess I'm past those crazy years of celebrating the new year by hanging out in crowded places and counting down. We didn't even stay up to see if we could catch the fireworks from our place.

Nope, no yay even though 2020 was COVID year. Coz COVID is still here. We're still wearing masks *.*

The only exciting thing is that this year, we'll have two kids in primary school :) More on that later...

So it was half day on the eve for both parents and the preschoolers. Like Christmas eve, I made it to school just before closing time. Yu's first words when he saw me were to ask why he was the last (in his class) to go home :(

I shaved Kai and Yu's hair but Yang wanted "handsome", i.e. non-botak look. It was drizzling so we went to the barber at the bus interchange instead of our usual K-Cuts at BPP. There were four people in front of us, so said the barber. So I set the alarm for 30 min and brought them for a little bite.

Youtiao babies!



Then we bought some buns for breakfast and went to the kiddy rides. The idea was to hang out there until it was time to wait at the barber. But suddenly, Yang had to poop! So I pointed out the way home - up to level past the art school as he is very familiar with the route - and went to the barber to say we would be later, which was fine.

When Yu and I got home, I started unpacking their bags while Yu went to shower. I can't remember why but Kai was looking for Yang. He was standing outside the kids' bathroom so I thought huh, how come Yang went to poop in my bathroom. But Kai said Yang wasn't in my bathroom! Shocked, I turned to the shoe rack and found - no Yang's shoes?!

I took off immediately. When I reached the ground floor, I called Kai to ask him to confirm whether Yang's shoes were there coz his shoes and Yu's were all red. I was scared I saw wrongly. But I don't know why I asked him to check that instead of looking for Yang at home *.* Maybe coz Yang had hidden from me when he got back earlier than Yu and me...

Anyway, no Yang's shoes. I went to the level 1 toilet in case he couldn't hold it anymore - no Yang. Next was the level 2 toilet which he definitely passed by. Before I got to the toilet, I saw this boy in red and white uniform looking at another boy play Pokemon *.*

Turned out that he thought I told him to go to the level 2 toilet so he went there. Then he watched some Ben 10 outside the clinic before ending up at the Pokemon machines where I found him.

吓死我!

I called to inform Kai and brought Yang to his haircut. I was panting like mad as I asked for details about what happened. So glad to have a seat at the barber. But we had to wait for two more after the current boy before it was our turn. So ridiculous. Won't go there anymore; the BPP one is better with more staff.

Haven't seen him wrapped up like this for a while


Sito was home by the time we came back :) He bought some toriyaki to go with dinner, which was rice cooker claypot rice, with some vege and eggs. Unfortunately, the boys didn't take to the rice. Yang and Yu must go poop after having the toriyaki and two mouthfuls of rice, and then ended up eating maybe half their bowl. The taste was yummy but the chicken was tough. Will try chicken thigh instead of chicken breast next time.

My unpopular dinner :(


Sito and I watched three episodes of our current period drama, chatted a bit and dozed off. The new year greetings were said only in the morning :p

I booked slots at Bouncy Paradise 10 days ago - set a reminder to go book it once the slots opened up! And so glad I did coz the boys enjoyed themselves! Kai found it a hundred times more fun than Nintendo, yeah!

The entry tickets came with a token each for the claw machines - none of us caught anything, obviously


We were in for a short while then Yang came to me with a pained expression and curled feet. I thought he fell and hurt himself. But he was silent and kept on hentak kaki-ing... Then it hit me. He needed to poop! But he also wanted to play! I managed to convince him that he had to go else he wouldn't enjoy himself. So I got Kai to stay with Yu all the time while I sent Yang to the toilet.

After the Yang incident, I was thinking, please don't let me come back and not find Yu!! But Kai did not fail me :) Came back to find him trying his darnest to push Yu up a slope with no handles :)

Now, indulge me as I retell the tale of Yang in the toilet...

I found only one toilet with an attached seat but it was dirty. Thankfully the toilet was well stocked up with toilet paper and hand towels so I managed to clean the seat for Yang. And I did so with little time to spare! It didn't take long for his poop to come out, and I was so glad for him! Could hear the relief in his voice too.

After my own toilet break next door to him, I braced myself for some shit work... He had some poop smear on his underwear so I cleaned that with a wet wipe while his amazingly huge poop was fully visible from between his legs. It was bigger than those big bananas in the supermarket. In fact, it was as long as my forearm! It was just lying on the toilet bowl, somehow not slipping down. Thanks, poop. 

The flush was scary. The poop was still standing in the water after the first flush. I tried a second time. The poop stood for a split second after the rush of water and suddenly got sucked away, phew!!

Ok, back to the playground!

Three boys down the slide! I tried and it was too fast for me!


Kai was so tired!


Nothing to do except take selfies


Yu almost climbed out of my frame


Need water!


Only Yang managed to get himself up on this thing with no handles to help


What a big ball pit and only three of them!


Ahhh! Hoho!


Yup, I made Yu stick out his hands :p The boys liked to get themselves buried under the balls. We had a lot of fun there :)

We were supposed to have two hours there but Kai and Yu were tired and/or hungry. So we convinced Yang to leave early. Still worth it for 90 min of fun! There was still a light drizzle but we made it to the adjacent CC for lunch.

Playing something with hands and bottles while waiting for lunch


No kiddy bowls and utensils woohoo!


Ice cream for dessert!


Took a while to get a taxi for our ride home. Yang was very interested in the GPS for both rides that day, and was quiet most of the time except to say "we're near!" etc... Surprisingly, they didn't doze off in the taxi even though they were tired. Thank goodness coz it would have been difficult to get them out!

Dinner was pie! Made two and the boys again didn't like them :( I sad... But the adults liked them, yeah?

Not very brown but couldn't wait anymore! :p


Chicken, bacon and zucchini pie for the kids coz they don't like potatoes when it's not french fries


Chicken, leek and potato pie - can't see the leek but can taste


The boys all got their phone video yesterday. And after a whole morning of fun and some hours outside, they dropped off to dreamland pretty soon... So parents got their rest too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment