Monday 6 September 2021

Lost boy incidents

On Thursday, Yu became a lost boy, and I a lost mama...

Yu has been exerting his independence these days. He likes to ride the escalator on his own and walk on his own. He also likes to hide near the staircase of the train station and wait to pounce on me.

But that day, he ran too far ahead of me and refused to wait when I called out to him. I saw him run to the escalator, turn to smile at me, and disappear. By the time I got there, he was nowhere to be seen. From the escalator, I could see the lift landing but no kid. The escalator was on energy-saving mode but he also likes to take the stairs so I headed down. 

But I crossed the station and couldn't find him at the staircase! So I ran back up and saw this poor boy standing outside the escalator landing, next to the bus stop, looking around with a hand to his eyes...

I had over-estimated him. I had also forgot how he liked to hide at the lift landing, which was what he did. Gave him a hug and told him not to run away ever again. He hugged my hand on and off all the way home, awww...

Poor thing look - though this picture is from this morning when he had an itchy left eye in school


That night when we were all in bed in the same room as Friday was a school holiday, I talked about the various lost boy incidents.

Kai
  • Lost near Macs soon after we moved in in 2018. We were heading for dinner or something on a weekend. Sito spotted him soon after we discovered him gone. He just walked off a bit and couldn't see us.
  • This scary time in P1.
Yang
  • Was it in 2018? Kai and Yang went into the poo poo shop ahead of Yu and me, and got separated. Think Yang couldn't see Kai and left the shop. Kai couldn't find Yang in the shop and headed home. I think I found Kai talking to the security uncle asking if he had seen his brother, awww! Found Yang crying but forgot where :p
  • Last year, told Yang to go home on his own one day as he needed to pee. Think I was trying to settle Yu's dinner at the food court or something. But he was not there when I got home! I rushed down to look for him - shouted into the gents right downstairs. Then I thought he might have popped into the L2 toilet coz urgent so I headed up... and found him watching cartoons in front of the TV there!
  • Last year, I told Yang and Yu to play at the kiddy rides while I checked out the bakery right behind. Yu chased after me. Yang couldn't find us and headed home. I brought Yu back to the kiddy ride and couldn't find Yang. Found him at the top of the escalator towards home. He knew the way home but was crying coz he couldn't find me, awww...
Yu
  • Some time pre-COVID, we were preparing to go to the pool when Yu went into the lift on his own. His brothers alerted us. Goodness, he was so small! It was decided quickly that Sito would run down the stairs while we waited for the next lift. I alighted at L5 while his brothers went to L1. So he came out at L1, still impish and happy *.*
  • This Thursday one...
We had a good laugh about these. But gosh, when it happened, it was scary! Told them please please please don't be lost again!

No comments:

Post a Comment