Sunday 5 September 2021

Teachers' Day weekend!

Teachers' Day means no school for all the kids! I was thinking about a museum trip again... But I don't know if Yu would have the attention span... And it was a sunny day! So to the great outdoors we went!

Ok, not very great nor adventurous. Just Botanic Gardens :p

Must squeeze into two seats on the train


Looking at tortoises. Or are they turtles?


I was wondering why there were so many families on the grass patch near Jacob Ballas. When we got there, I realised why - there was a queue :( I scanned in and we waited near the entrance instead of going to the grass patch outside. The kids entertained themselves with the digital displays there. Kai kept asking when our turn was; Yu kept saying he wanted to go to the playground now; Yang managed to be fully occupied on his own.

I don't know why but I love this!


We were told the wait could be one to two hours but they would try to admit as quickly as possible. The SMS showed a 600-min wait *.* But thankfully, we got in after 30 min.

We saw a sand pit first but I told them to head for the tree house instead. And they had fun sliding down the tree house for over 30 min. I took pictures, watched them and did some work standing around.

The older boys decided to go so we left. But not before chasing butterflies! We saw a beautiful black one with a white flower on each wing. Then there was an orange and white one that stayed around a small patch of plants.

Yang and Yu were chasing the butterfly around this small patch


At first we wanted to go back to Macs downstairs but looking at the time, I asked them if they wanted pasta instead. Yes! So we ate right outside Jacob Ballas. Yu changed to fish and chips when I read out the kids menu.

Yang said it was the best day ever!


Of course, slides, pasta, and I gave up two rashes of bacon to Kai and Yang, and shared my sole sausage with Kai and Yu :p

Watching a jungle fowl


Not as pretty as the one we saw going into the Gardens but we still stood around for a while. 

Also spotted a cute little squirrel on the tree


One last picture before we left - tiny Yu with a big sleeping tree!


We had ice cream at Macs downstairs. Or rather, they had ice cream; I had a cappuccino. And I learnt to use the Macs app and got a stamp for my McCafe, yeah!

I meant to exhaust them with the slides but I think I was more tired at the end of the day *.* Keeping these kids together the whole time, having three calling for me at the same time, trying to address everyone and not ignore anyone... So it was great my fave teacher (at heart for now) and I ended the day with a foot massage and dim sum :)

The weekend continued normally. When we came back from phonics, I saw that Sito was napping *.* Later, he told me that Kai laid him down to rest to ensure we could go to Ikea, hoho! Coz the last Saturday, Sito had a headache and we aborted Ikea plans.

Went to the Ikea at Jurong this time. Easy to get to! And there's a queue system at the restaurant similar to that at Jacob Ballas except that it does not SMS me upfront with a link to check queue length. It was better than standing in queue as we could hang around the kitchens where the kids checked out the drawers and goods, and pretended to buy and cook :p

Quietly having his two chicken wings


Love this enthu boy!


This big one has four wings! Or effectively 3.5 coz he didn't clean the bones :p


Sito and I had the rest - we finished 12 wings! And 20 meatballs, two servings of fries, a plate of pasta and two spring rolls :p

We went to explore the rest of Ikea. These kids really like to play in the showrooms! But we had to go soon.... It started raining already and bed was beckoning...

Papa bear and Mama bear...


Brought along our three baby bears...


Who had chicken (not porridge) for dinner, sat on chairs (without breaking any) and lay on beds (without really sleeping) - no room for Goldilocks here! :p

Sunday was also regular. I made a pizza. Had wanted to do some Lego while they played Nintendo but I was sleepy :p Then five of us nua-ed/played in our room for a long time until we had to go for dinner.

While Yang and Yu did colouring, Sito and I had a chat with Kai about his weighted assessments and upcoming exams. Suffice to say this boy needs to aim higher! 

His exam schedule is out. When I saw that, I felt something I hadn't felt for a while - stress. I don't get stressed at work; things would eventually work out, just a matter of time, and there was no reason or indication that my project would be halted. 

So, what am I stressed about? Hard to pinpoint. I don't know if Kai realises what an exam is all about. I don't know if he would treat it seriously. He can be competitive. I don't think he would like it if he doesn't do good enough. But then again, his "good enough" is like 12/20 based on his latest weighted assessment *.* 

Anyway, I've prepared more test papers for him this coming school holidays! Time to work harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment