Thursday 13 January 2022

A brand new start from my 43rd year

Birthdays these days are occasions for the kids to blow out candles. And it doesn't matter whose birthday it is! It's quite nice to see them happy with cake and candles - they can blow out all my candles every year!

This year, they didn't get to blow out my candles though we had cake thrice:

Cake 1: A surprise from some colleagues on Thursday! It's got a tail, hoho!


I was so happy at the tail! And I was hungry so I had it for tea without waiting for them to sing song blow candle cut cake with me :p All tried/ate this cake except Kai of course. So much cream, I love it, haha!

Cake 2: Chocolate mousse and mango mousse at Jack's Place on Saturday - no candles


Actually we ordered black forest, not chocolate mousse :p Anyway, we went there coz of a one-for-one birthday meal. Kai and Yang weren't very keen coz they went recently with their grands and one didn't like the steak and the other found the spaghetti too little. Kai still didn't like the steak - he had spaghetti this time. Yang had that too and found it huge! Of course - we got the regular one, not kiddy meal. Even Yu had the big one :p

These two enjoyed the cakes! Kai had the chocolate decor and a bit of mango jelly


Ikea time saw Kai struggling in the kiddy toy - too big already! *.*


Cake 3: I totally dig cakes of local flavours - this one has pulut hitam!


We were supposed to head out for lunch on Sunday - can't remember the last time the extended family ate out! But late on Saturday night, I got an SMS on Yang's health risk warning! So we had to cancel lunch. Mum brought mee tai mak and the cake which Ah Yee already bought. I was busy with setting up lunch etc so didn't do the birthday cake thing before cutting out two slices for us to keep. Sito and I finished them all that night :)

And my PJs in photo above were from Sito! With bag and comb pouch as free gifts :)


And the key reason it's a brand new start is that, I ended my 42nd year by wrapping up my paid work - on Friday, 7 Jan, I returned my laptop and PS card. I was going to write more but figured that it deserves a post on its own...

Anyway, take my word for it - it's a brand new start!

No comments:

Post a Comment