Monday 4 March 2024

Lunch at the school canteen

Back in February, I met a friend for lunch - at the kids' school canteen!

She works in the campus so just nice, we had a nice catch-up, and I managed to exchange a book at the bookshop and try the chicken rice the kids eat all the time!


Chose roast chicken, preferred by Kai and Yang. The same stall also sells chicken cutlet so we ordered one to share. The bowl of noodles from another stall belonged to my friend.

For $2, the chicken rice was a good portion and yummy too! There were so many other selections like noodles and even Japanese curry but the kids don't like them or refuse to spend extra to add the curry *.* Sometimes, they complained about long queues but other times, they could queue at two stalls *.* Excuses...

I was so busy looking at food options that I forgot to check out the cashless payment system. They can use their EZ Link student cards to pay but I don't let them unless I forget to give them pocket money, which is rare. Better for them to feel the pain of forking out cash and see for themselves how money is actually spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment