Thursday, 4 February 2016

Kids' day out at USS

Oh yes, we went to Universal Studios on Sunday!

The poor boy woke at 5 am and dozed off at 10 am. We let him sleep in the stroller in case he didn't wake in time for us to leave the house :p But he did and we changed into nice clothes for phototaking.

Fat sleeping baby

Met Yan for lunch at Putien@Vivocity first. It was quite a leisurely lunch cos we brought N along so we had enough hands to take care of the kids.

ZY ate the watermelon that came with his bowl (ZK rejected his)

Little clan!

Showed ZK a couple of videos of Bumblebee that morning and he fell in love with yet another robot

Photo op with our do rae mi!

Close up! A wasn't paying attention; ZK wasn't looking the right way; ZY posed! 

I like to move it move it!

On the front row of the Madagascar boat ride - ZY could join in too!

ZK was curiously looking around in the dark. ZY's expression was unfathomable... Next was the merry-go-round. The kids were no stranger.

Of course my 小马哥 is on the 斑马 :)

And ZK was on Alex, looking tiny, awww...

I just came out of ZK's bed, telling him about Alex the lion at USS. "But Alex is a people!" Um... He didn't get that Alex is a name...

Papa roaring!! And ZY roared after the photo was taken *.*

We were trying to take a dinosaur ride, the one that goes round and round and up and down. But it started raining while we were in a good position in the queue. S was in the queue of a more exciting ride just next to us so he was dry. N didn't want to ride this so she was at the strollers at the waiting area. Lucky she knew where the umbrellas were kept!

The ride was still open to crazy people with/without ponchos who wanted to ride in the rain. Anyway, think they closed it after a while so we left the short queue. Oh, and ZK fell asleep on Sito already. Our stroller was dry as N covered it with the rain cover so we put him in there with a towel to support his head cos he was too long already. But A's stroller was soaked despite the umbrella over it.

Our sleepyhead - already too big to lie down in the stroller

We ended up waiting at the food court across to sit out the rain. The two younger ones shared a croissant and biscuits. And I remembered to change ZY's diaper...

Look here, babies!

Let's just focus on the snack...

S joined us when he finished his ride. It has stopped raining so we went back to try the same ride. But when it was going to be our turn, they closed it due to weather though it wasn't raining!! And then it was ZY's turn to doze off on me. So I left the queue.

Somehow, the rest left the queue too but rejoined it when they reopened the ride. This time, I stayed outside with N and S since ZY was in the stroller now. And then it started raining AGAIN!!! ZK was having his milk after half a churro, and had a little accident when he got some milk in his nose cos Sito lifted him off his shoulder. I went over to him to comfort him and he broke into tears - poor boy! Must still be drowsy from his nap...

Anyway, we were not fated to take this ride la. ZK wanted to pee so Sito and I brought him to the toilet at the foodcourt. Then we came back to get the rest and we left to watch the Shrek show. I decided to stay out with ZY since I'd watched it twice - once in Japan and once in USS with Sito. In a way, I was glad he was sleeping too cos I was worried if he would be affected by the strobe lighting due to his recent seizure.

But I barely parked the two strollers properly and packed the umbrellas when it started to pour real hard! Lucky we decided to give up that outdoor ride! And then the boy woke. He was still drowsy from his nap and didn't make much noise though he made some funny faces...

Piggy face!

What you looking? Hur? Hur hur??

But finally he acknowledged a mobility device by calling it a bike. After a long while, I decided to take a walk in the Shrek souvenir shop.

With Donkey!

That was about when the show was done and they came out. I managed to catch them and that was where we said our goodbyes to Yan they all as we had to start leaving for dinner. The kids didn't really interact much but it was fun watching them :)

We went into two other souvenir shops and eventually got ZK a Minion cap and both boys a spherical cylinder with a coin slot and a key chain (of sorts) inside. The "balls" kept them occupied for a while and we didn't open them until dinner time.

The queue for the Sentosa Express was 45-minute long so we decided to walk instead. Along the way, ZY finally pooped! Yeah! But that meant we would be even later for dinner...

Dinner place turned out to be right at the end of the board walk so we went the family on our approach. We sent ZK in and then split up to send N to the MRT with the stroller - cos the car could not fit everyone and the stroller - and change ZY's diaper. No prize for guessing who did which *.*

We had to wait for another toddler to change her diaper before it was our turn. ZY was thankfully cooperative, thanks to the "ball"! We took some time but ended up trailing Sito into the restaurant.

ZK 捞鱼生 for the first time! :)

And ZY had beetroot juice

And so that was our day at USS. Not too crowded (cos of weather forecast and the weather?), not too hot after a while (cos of the rain). Hope to go back when the kids are older :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...