Saturday 27 October 2018

Saturdays at home

Today is the second consecutive Saturday that the kids did not go to school. I think I can get used to this.

Last Saturday morning at breakfast, Kai asked me super nicely if he could stay at home instead of going to school. He even gave a suggestion of what he could do at home - watch Harry Potter :p

It must have been since the HFMD incident in July, when Kai realised that his friends were able to stay at home, especially Saturdays. There had been quite a lot of resistance about going to school on Saturdays since then.

I did plan to do a lot that Saturday morning. But this came in the midst of re-evaluating priorities so I decided that paid work could wait, and I could still do other work with them around. So I agreed. He was so happy!

But I refused to turn on the TV before 10 am. So they spent some time running amok. Yang got punched on the lips by Kai and bled a little; he still had dead skin hanging off his lip this morning. But other than that, it was quite alright.

I even caught hold of them along the way to check whether their seldom-worn long-sleeved shirts and pants could still fit. Yang helped me fold some pants. Yu came in here and there but thankfully he didn't try to pull the clothes off the bed! All these are lying in a bag on Kai's floor, waiting to be packed into suitcases on Friday for our Taiwan trip!

Confirmed - the kids have more clothes than the parents


Checking out the new camera during nap time


It felt ok during the day but it must have been quite an ordeal coz I dozed off with the kids, woke to go back to my bed, and continued sleeping! That wasn't all - I slept super early again on Sunday!

Today - I'm still awake!

Packed more clothes again but also did goofy things with the kids.

Handsome baby!


Handsome boy!


Coz Kai wasn't interested :p


Yu bullied me!


His concentrating look while putting pegs on my clothes


I had wanted to bring them to the library before lunch but they were watching How to Train Your Dragon (love my Tencent app!) so I went on my own and got some new books back along with lunch.

Yu went down for a nap soon after lunch and I took a nap too. Dozed off while Kai and Yang were hanging out with Sito next to me...

Woke to crying babies asking for Orea at 230 pm *.* I gave them some expensive cakes from Chateraise downstairs - Halloween theme since this school doesn't do Halloween - but none of them finished theirs! 

Main activity of the day was swimming! No swimming tomorrow coz coach wasn't available. It rained a little but thankfully the sun came up and we were able to go down!

My happy boys!


Now Yang is less afraid and can even jump right in


After dinner, all of us stayed in our bed to watch YouTube Kids and read books etc. At one point, I saw a big bird fly by and pointed out to them all. We used to spend more time on our bed in the evening back in Holland. I think I really missed that...

All eyes on one screen or another :p


I think we will spend Saturdays at home from now :) After all, once Kai goes to primary school, it will only be difficult to have to send Yang and Yu.

No comments:

Post a Comment