Sunday 2 June 2019

CCCC!

It's the dreaded four-letter word - child care centre closure! And this time, it was for 3.5 days!

At first, it was Wednesday to Friday. Then the half-day closure on 24 May PM was pushed to Tuesday PM. Worse, the family day on 24 May AM was pushed to Tuesday AM, i.e. half a day of hard work under the hot sun followed immediately by CCCC!

So we didn't go to family day :p Anyway, Sito went to Thailand, N was fasting, and I'm not about to do this on my own! So the two went to school as usual but N fetched them home while I got Kai on my way back from office.

Came back to find both Yang and Yu sleeping. I didn't expect Yang to nap so I made a dental appointment for him at 3 pm. Had to wake him to go. Luckily, we were only slightly late and there was no wait.

Lazing on my lap on the way to the dentist


Watching cartoon with fluffy earphones and his mouth wide open


Gave him five minutes on a dinosaur in exchange for some shopping after that :p


Oh yes, that was Star Vista! Haven't been there for a while. Yang recognised the place when we came up from the MRT station. I told him he used to say "lion" when he saw the building as a toddler. Or at least Sito and I think it was him :p

In the end, I bought lollipops... Loser mama! Yang had a meltdown when I took the level 2 route back to the train station. I had to go back up to take the level 2 route. In return, he let me go to Phoon Huat, where I didn't buy a thing, haha!

Found some touch-me-nots when we left Star Vista a second time!


Silly boys having a showdown in the toilet - Yang was trying to see how much poop Yu had but Yu refused to show!


By then, Kai was already sleeping in his room as he still had school on Wednesday. That morning, we went to the Children Biennale at the National Gallery without Kai. I didn't mind Kai missing out on this coz I didn't think he would be interested anyway. But I think I should probably bring him one day too...

Their fave room - throwing balls at metal pipes!


Yang hugging a soft pillar; there were a metal one, a square one and another one that I can't remember now


Drawing with chalk marker was fun!


This reminds me of old variety shows :p


Yang was really enjoying himself that day!


Behind the scene - jang jang!


We found half an hardboiled egg!


I like this one - young and old looking up at... I can't remember what!


Wee hee! Yu on a duck :p


Singing "row row row a boat" on a sampan :)


Yang was colouring houses and people to project on a big screen - so confident!


Swipe up to project! Though we learnt that it was only for show when Yu was slow to swipe :p


Yu also did some colouring - so fat, so cute :)


Had lunch at Yan. Yang wanted char siew noodles. Yu wanted porridge. So we ordered those plus dimsum. The char siew was rather tough but somehow Yu was very pleased to gnaw at it. I much prefer the soft, melt-in-your-mouth char siew we had at Mum and Dad's birthday celebration dinner - 真的是除却巫山不是云!

Yu opened up the guide and pointed to what looked like gold wooden horses and said he wanted to go there. So we found them!

Happy boys!


"So deep!"


We passed by the platform behind them before lunch - gotta walk on it. It was pretty scary coz we could see through to the bottom which was very very far down! I couldn't hear Yang who was walking in front with Mum but Yu was saying quietly that he was scared. Poor boys!

Had to convince Yu to go into this room - he had fun and then dashed out!


Yang was more adventurous


What he saw :)


Any more places you want to see, my dear? :)


Ended the day with a dip in the pool - just before it rained!


Thursday was PTM so no excursion. I got lunch for Yang and Yu before heading to school to pick up Kai. Dismissal was noon. Gave him $2 to buy lunch and he chose pizza. While I was getting my cai fan, he had half his pizza and dropped the other half! So I convinced him to get a $1 plate of chicken rice. And we both had milo :)

Not terribly pleased to be eating proper food...!


A classmate came over with a bowl of pasta - Kai said he ate very well haha! The classmate said he had no more money and asked for a drink so I got him one. Later, I realised he seemed to have bought a highlighter and a pen from the bookshop hence no money for drinks *.* He offered to take care of Kai at the library, hoho!

So they went to the library while Sito was still having his beehoon but when I came back from the toilet, they were back - coz library was closed. So they came with us to the sports hall for PTM. Parked them with other kids at one side of the hall. I also texted the classmate's mum whom I bumped into a few times the bus stop before.

I arranged the session one after another, and completed all seven sessions within an hour! It was eight minutes each but we spent more here and less there. It was pretty insightful to hear from them coz Kai behaved differently in different classes! Perhaps more in a separate post, perhaps...

We came back for a rest before leaving for AMK. Decided to take the north route so that the kids could have something to see along the way. But they only looked out on the LRT. They were less interested on the MRT, strangely. One good thing was that it was less crowded this direction!

Dinner was the usual but they were very happy to have Yakult before dinner and a chocolate ice cream ball after dinner. Mother asked YQ to come back for dinner that day instead of their regular Wednesdays. So the boys had some fun with Jiujiu too.

Clutching his chocolate ice cream ball and making a happy mess


Yu was so shy to meet Jiujiu somehow and remained coy (see thumb in mouth) when Jiujiu lifted him off!


Time for five two stones!


Waipo teaching Kai how to play


Demo by Jiujiu


After 2.5 days of child care and three consecutive late nights due to work (I was on leave?!), I completely collapsed with them when we got home. I'd bet I slept before Yang and Yu; Kai had fallen asleep first.

Friday was excursion day again! Took a train to Holland to meet Mum to go to Jewel together. On arrival at the MRT, Yu knew his fishball rights, haha! Thanks to Sito :p

Must climb this on our way to the train station


We kept pointing this out to Yang


Love this shot! But it turned out to be a video haha!


This was taken a couple of weeks back but Yang struggled free a second after the shot


Super cute, my boys!


Wefie!


We kept going up...


And up...


"That's the Jurassic Park music!"


"It's not fun!"


The baby was pulling my skirt in the meantime...


Passed by a craft shop and the boys wanted to do something so we did


Ahma helped Yu who did a lot on his own too


Yang did a very good job, with my help filling in tight corners


Kai didn't have a guide to go by but chose nice colours for his sandcastle


On our fridge now :)


Found a mini play area - pretty scary to see Kai up so high!


Yu was more cautious - sitting instead of standing without my support


Yang went up only after he removed his socks - which were Sito's!!


Yu wanted to leave the table after he had his fill at lunch. But I told him to wait. So he laid down with his hands under his head on my lap, and dozed off! I carried him to the car and managed to put him in asleep. He didn't wake until we were very near home. Both brothers also dozed off in the car. So all had a nap!

Cutie pies after lunch


A headache came on during lunch somehow. Probably due to exhaustion over the past few days?! I left the kids with N and Playstation (!) and took a nap. Along the way, Yu came in with a couple of toys and played near me. I continued going in and out of sleep while he was playing. Got up in time to grab (literally, not via the app!) dinner for them coz Sito and I were determined to have our date night!

So there, I've survived this year's long CCCC!

No comments:

Post a Comment