Monday 10 February 2020

Ending the LNY with crazy shopping

Sito and I like to go to the supermarket at the end of our regular date night just to look around and perhaps stock up on stuff. But we had a shock last Friday - there was no basket available and the last trolley was just taken away. Sito thought they sent them for sanitising while I thought perhaps they were being wheeled back at the moment....

But no, Sito discovered snaking queues! Must be due to the evening announcement on DORSCON orange. The Singaporean kiasuism was out in full force!

We have a steamboat party the next day so we really needed food. I sent Sito to queue while I picked the goods. Also wanted to buy some stuff to prepare Kai's recess food - new initiative! - but gosh, cans were almost out, pasta was almost out! New initiative could wait...

The next day, I had wanted to swing by the supermarket after Yamaha to get prawns which weren't available on Friday night. But Yang had a tummy ache so we missed Yamaha. I agreed to bring Yu to the supermarket while Yang was on the throne. Yu was such a good boy! Of course he wanted this and that but he was ok - not exactly pleased - to put them back.

Helping to push the basket when the queue moved


"What is that?" (Shampoo!)


I had to go to the supermarket again on Sunday coz we needed milk. But luckily, the queues were normal - thanks to PM coming out to speak the evening before? Hope people don't waste all the instant noodles and toilet rolls they bought......

We spent a quiet day at home coz the boys were quite happy to watch TV! Oops... Though Kai got impatient after a while and kept asking when AhYe and AhMa were arriving.

Fruit yusheng!


I had yusheng four times this year, none with fish haha! But it's the crackers that I love... And the plum sauce... Oooh...

Steamboat spread!


Our second steamboat this year :) Kai surprisingly wanted more beef slices - eat more, my skinny boy! Yang wanted to cook shabu pork belly like last time and this time, I was able to take pictures and video :) But he didn't eat as much as last round - was it the soup? Yu also didn't eat as many fishballs and meatballs as I thought he would. Perhaps it was the Paw Patrol!!

Yang was just tall enough to see what he was doing :)


And so there we are - end of the 15 days of LNY! By this time next year, I hope the boys would have a more adventurous palate and be able to sit with us at the dining table during steamboat, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment