Tuesday 16 June 2020

Taking MC finally

I have been getting running nose every week or two, and usually over the precious weekend. It's maddening. This time, I started feeling the sniffles on Sunday night. Yesterday morning, the running nose exploded. I thought I would take MC but one video con led to another and it was soon 2 pm.

I had some spicy kimchi noodles to clear my nose and took a yellow tablet to stop the running nose. I managed to read one chapter of a Chinese book to Kai before sleep overtook me.

Somehow survived the kids last night but didn't sleep well coz Yu kept moving and staying up in our bed! Likely coz we didn't turn on the aircon so he didn't sleep well. Chased him back to his room but he came back again. Sighs.

I woke this morning to a full body ache and decided to take MC. Thought I would use one of the telemedicine providers on the MOH website. But Sito reminded me he could claim medical for dependents. So I went to the Raffles app to make an appointment to go downstairs and discovered they offer telemedicine too. Yeah, no need to go to clinic!

It was fuss free. I had some consultation at about 8.20 am. The doc gave me a standard five-day MC and told me to go get a COVID-19 swab test if symptoms should persist beyond that *.* The medicine arrived at 10.25 am. And I saw that the MC requires me to stay home BY LAW. Huh? Ok, I work from home anyway....

Then I realised that actually I could use any GP since Sito's benefits are by claim and not discount at a specific GP?? Ah well. It's convenient since I already have that app and rates are competitive.

Kai was complaining yesterday that I was grumpy when he had HBL and I was working. Very valid complaint. I told him he could ask me technical questions like wifi connection or log-in issues, but NOT how to do a specific homework; that would have to wait until 2 pm.

But since I'm on MC today, I'm not grumpy!! Just a bit slow...

PE during HBL :)


So I have been sitting with him this morning. If he has no questions, I write. But gosh, I'm still very sore! Can't wait to lie down...

No comments:

Post a Comment