Tuesday 1 March 2022

The short one

This shortest month of the year was made even shorter by my COVID-19 episode. Didn't have much fun after LNY. With the surge in cases, we didn't go out far. Couldn't too due to my infection and their HRW.

First day of LNY - Papa playing chopsticks with younger ones while having a massage by Kai


The clinic at TPY which gave me nightmares bitter medicine when I was very young


财神爷?!


I also pretend - student holding a file (of rice!)


Just the two of us having breakfast before my booster shot


I was struggling about this - should I wait a bit longer or have the kids do theirs first? I was trying to time the kids' vaccination such that it would not coincide with swimming lessons in school and they would get to play during March holidays. We heard Yang was to have swimming lessons this term but it didn't happen. Waited for nothing. Now with so many cases, I also bo chup March holidays - vax them asap!

Sito and I both chose Moderna after Pfizer. He took his right after Christmas, at Buona Vista CC after lunch at Mum's place. Symptoms came on that afternoon. So he told me to do this near home instead. Went to Yew Tee for 9 am appointment. Symptoms came on that evening. Fever and body ache - similar to Sito's. I don't know why I didn't take paracetamol early and suffered badly that night :(

Akan datang for kids' vaccination stories...

Anyway, after my booster, I managed to haul myself out for dinner on Saturday with the help of medicine. Bought two new books.

And I found them reading quietly on Sunday morning :)


After I recovered from COVID, Yu continued to stay home until the following Tuesday. I was able to do some activities with him. 

"I don't want to do hard work!" So he drew a big circle and divided it up instead of drawing individual circles!


But I kept feeling sleepy in the days following COVID. I even dozed off on the sofa next to Yu while he was doing maths on Reading Eggs! 

That evening, we had porridge and finished cleaning up pretty early. After I showered, I hid in Yu's room while they were playing in the living room :p Took some 20 min before Kai discovered me and wanted me to play Beyblade. Then Yang and Yu brought the fire station in so I could watch them play. 

I felt so wanted, haha!


I finally cut my hair!


$15 at the market, plus $15 for wash, all paid by CDC vouchers yeah! I usually cut hair on my birthday but this year, it was on a Saturday - kids home. And then it was LNY period so there were surcharges. Then I got COVID. Feels good to finally chop off the frizzy ends!

We were wearing the same doggy masks!


This baby felt some sharp thing on the mask so he didn't want it. I thought it was just glue. I wore it. My ears were hurting all the way home :(

Can you see a baluku in the middle of my forehead? I was making beds and my head was between the upper and the lower bunks when I hit the back of my head against the upper bunk. My reaction was to shrink away from the upper bunk, causing my forehead to kiss the lower bunk *.* At point of writing, the baluku has gone down but the bruise is too obvious T.T

Orange chicken with 60% approval rating!


The spaghetti failed in their eyes coz of the vege :( I like this dish though! Yummy and kind of healthy! I had wanted to buy boneless thighs with skin but I could find only skinless thighs with bone...

Referee for Beyblade :p


The highlight of the last day of February was this:


Sito had dinner and decided to take some time off work to watch an anime with the boys on their request :) I came in from throwing rubbish and saw this. Ran out to grab my phone to take pictures. My lovely boys!

Must ask Papa questions :p


Sito actually went to KL for three weeks so he spent only nine days of this month with us at the beginning and end of the month combined. Seems apt to start and end this post with a photo of him and the boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment