Monday 30 May 2022

First cycling trip

I had wanted to do this for the longest time!!

Even though Friday was the last day of term, they had no school as all the teachers were involved in PTMs. So we took a trip to West Coast Park!

But I forgot that I had to make barley water and clean Robot-kun on Fridays. So we left one hour later than planned. Took a taxi to avoid getting there too late.

Got their bikes!


I had wanted them to try two wheels but they were reluctant. So ok, four wheels. And I got myself a city bike (vs. mountain bike where I had to bend lower) to ride with them.

But the kiosk was quite flexible. We had a free second hour and could change to two wheels to try if we wanted to. So I set an alarm and off we rooooode!

But not for long... We stopped every few metres coz one cycled into the grass, one needed water, one knocked off the bell, another one needed water, one couldn't get up a slope, one needed water again. In fact, we never cycled for more than five minutes at one go *.*

And we reached the playground within 10 minutes. They played for a short while. It was quite a hot day but the cycling path was kind of sheltered part of the way.

They were digging a trench when I approached them - plenty of opportunities in some years' time? :p


Swings!


Kai reached the slide! :)


Resting on some steps


Eventually, we went back to the kiosk to try two wheels. I demonstrated, gave them theory, led their legs, held the bike, ran with them, etc. Times two. Damn tiring! They didn't manage to ride on two wheels. Yang was very frustrated and complained a lot. He said he didn't want to cycle anymore! But think he was just tired. After some lunch, he decided he wanted to cycle again next time.

We had lunch at Macs of course! I told them how I learned to cycle - trying and trying on an adult bike along my corridor, then finally succeeding at Pasir Ris Park after PSLE. Hope they will continue to try! If not, there's always the family bike....

What's this?!


Wanted to take a photo of them enjoying nuggets but they both blinked when I snapped! Yes, can see that Kai also had a burger. I didn't expect them to finish 20 nuggets all by themselves! Lucky I got myself a burger instead of relying on leftovers this time :p

Second shot - one expressionless and one funny face


Took a taxi back coz it was getting late and I wanted to get some chores in before fetching Yu for their second dose of COVID vax. And I was so tired!!!

Why are my kids never tired? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment