Sunday 1 May 2022

A more relaxed and spacious April

This is a good month. COVID restrictions have been reduced. We finally ate as a family in the hurt-my-knee coffeeshop - can't remember the last time we did that! Sito went to KL twice and when he came back, there was no need to go do a supervised ART. Legoland is beckoning hoho! But vaccination for kids first...

Looking at taxis outside - he knows what the red and green tops mean now


Went for his first jog!


That was Yang's tee at the 2017 StanChart kids dash. I forgot to register Yu in 2019 until it was too late - no more tickets! And then COVID hit. Poor Yu missed out on his own tee and medal! :(

But this boy is so used to handmedowns that he asked me if he would get Yang's pants - which he likes - when Yang becomes too big :p Yes, I said, and he was so pleased! :)

Check out his hair


He is still refusing to cut his hair! I call it 鸟窝头 and joke that the birds are coming! But nope, he would not cut his hair!

He likes to play with the calculator. Actually, all of them like to take it out to punch in some numbers. I used to do that too haha! So glad to have bought this - so much more tactile satisfaction compared to the calculator app in the phone.

Interrupt cuteness with yumminess


We had a lunch date at Wolfgang's Steakhouse on the Wednesday during Sito's one week in SG this month. Ordered two set lunches - so full! It was all very yummy. I was only disappointed that I didn't manage to eat the cream on Sito's plate - the wait staff cleared it while I was distracted... Ok, save me from the calories....!

We can take off our mask outdoors, woohoo!


Back to the kids :p Coz our life revolve around them now. Laugh or cry? :p

I had wanted to bring the kids to the hawker centre for prata. We hadn't been there since COVID hit! But it was raining so plan B - Macs! They hadn't had Macs breakfast for YEARS so they didn't remember much except that they didn't like the pancakes. 

This time, all of them were very happy: Kai with his sausage and egg McMuffin, Yang with his chicken and egg McMuffin, Yu with his big breakfast less the eggs (which I ate). Of course, they also had hashbrowns and milo. And no, we didn't touch the chilli - why do they give chilli?!

Then they followed me to the supermarket. Kai held the basket while Yang and Yu took turns to place items inside.

Trying to lift the watermelon!


Kai passed me his bag and tried to assess the weight of his brothers' bags instead *.*


We would be out on Easter Sunday so we had our egg hunt on Good Friday! They had been waiting for a few weeks since we bought 10 Kinder Surprise eggs on a weekend out. The recent recall did not affect our eggs, heng!

I wrote riddles on little cards and got them to guess the riddle in order to find their eggs. Each boy got three eggs and a pack of fruit and veggie juice.

Kai's eggs were near the printer, in the laundry basket and in the fridge


Yang found one in the microwave, one behind the dictionary and one in my vanity cabinet


Yu's eggs were behind the Real Pigeons books, under his pillow and in the toaster


All ready to dig in!


Older ones playing chess while youngest did some maths; Mama lepak :p


Time for homework!


This plate with petroleum jelly is hanging at our doorway as I type, trying to attract dust *.*


Cai fan at the coffeeshop


This time, Sito and I left the kids at the playground and went to order food together. No need to keep a close watch on Yu anymore, woohoo! The auntie saw two of us and must have been bewildered that I kept ordering and ordering. Think we had some seven or eight dishes in the end. But all for two pax so it was all good :)

Surprisingly, all we got was a mild "no fried rice?" from Kai. No other complaints from kids! Why, then, do they complain whenever we pack cai fan to eat at home?! They finished quickly enough and went back to the playground for round 2. I wonder if they would eat this fast at home if I promise the playground....?

Kai had oral exams on the third Monday and Tuesday. I went to fetch Yang and we had lunch together. Monday was just Macs downstairs. Tuesday, we went to Beauty World. Yang changed his mind about xiaolongbao when he saw the hawker centre - not what he imagined? Or he was used to XLB in restaurants??

So we went to the cafe at the basement and he decided on the braised chicken leg with rice. He was surprised that it was such a big plate! It was yummy anyway and fed both of us very well. Then we bought him a croissant at the bakery at level 1 and went home.

Wednesday was also an early dismissal day as other levels were still having oral exams. Three of us checked out the new grill downstairs. Ordered a steak for Kai, a bolognese for Yang and a mixed grill for myself. They took most of my meat *.* But I ate quite a bit of Yang's spaghetti. They also exchanged food to try, which is rare! No complaints about saliva :p No picture but good times :)

I was feeling adventurous so decided to bring them to Bishan-AMK Park last Saturday while Sito was away, before dinner at WaiPo's place. Yang and Yu were happy to take the train while Kai wanted me to drive. Turned out that Kai didn't realise the car isn't always here!

Anyway, told them we would take the LRT to change at CCK. Along the way, I told Yang and Yu that we would alight at Woodlands. Yang said we could have taken 960 - he's right! Heh :p 

But as we went further north, we saw darker clouds. I checked and found that the park area was raining already. Sighs, so I said we would go straight to AMK. 

But Yu didn't get this memo. He stepped out when the trained stopped at Woodlands! Yang and I called him back and he ran back, surprised. Explained to him about the rain. So sad. No park.

It was rather early so brought them to AMK Hub in search of a snack. Mango desserts were a no. So we headed to A&W next door. There was a queue of three families in front of us but Yang and Yu wanted to queue. Kai grudgingly queued.

Kai even massaged my back while we were queueing :)


Kai and Yang shared an ice cream waffle while Yu chose onion rings


Wanted to take a shot of Yu's funny expression then Yang decided he wanted in too


The fingers were something to do about Waluigi. Um, whatever. Good that they were very happy with their snack. Kai who wasn't terribly keen on the waffle also thought it was better than expected.

Went around the atrium to look see and bought some nyonya kueh. Then as the rain had stopped, I decided to stick return to our original itinerary and go to the 409 market.

At the bus interchange, Yu said he was tall enough to climb on the railing all by himself :)


Again, Yang must join in the picture! Yu also welcomed him. Love their closeness :)

As we walked through the shops in the market area, I told them how I used to come here to buy things when I was about Kai's age. I led them to the rows with two bakeries which I used to patron. Of course, they were no longer there but there are more bakeries now and some still sell old-school cakes! Yang and Yu chose a box of cake slices for Sunday tea.

Then, we walked to WaiPo's place. Kai was asking why we couldn't take a bus *.* My ears were suffering, as they do every day...!

It was raining before that so we didn't go to the playground but headed straight up. It was still kind of early so they watched TV and chatted with AhYee while I sat in the kitchen as Mother cooked with her one stove and one cast iron wok, stirfried broccoli with himeji mushrooms and prawns, panfried salmon, fried eggs and of course, nuggets! The chicken soup was in the slow cooker and the braised pork cooked earlier in the day was heated up after the dishes were all done. 

Cartoons finished just in time so the boys had dinner at the dining table instead of the coffee table like last time. There was promise of ice cream and chocolate. In the end, Yang decided not to have the ice cream coz he was full. I declined the ice cream for durians instead - happy :)

I love this photo!


Yu was cooling down after dinner. I thought he looked funny with his long hair blown back. As I whipped out my camera, Yang jumped in yet again! 你是抢镜头还是不堪(弟弟)寂寞??He had a yellow fan in his hand. Very hot meh? I didn't even sweat after the soup *.*

It was difficult to get a taxi that day. While I was on the phone, Kai was asking AhYee to guess riddles, Yang was watching TV and Yu was playing quietly on his own.

So glad to have a child who can play on his own :)


It was almost 8 pm when we got back. Quickly washed their bottles and put in the laundry while they showered and then we were off to bed! All fell asleep pretty quickly - guess they were tired. 

The Sunday that followed was muted; I could only be adventurous once in a weekend :p Only brought them to two new playgrounds nearby - new coz we'd never been there.

Three slides! But Kai didn't want to join in :(


Kai would rather hop into the frame...


Spot Yang?


Jail, they say...


When 26 April came, we were very pleased. Bluetooth can be turned off. We can walk in and out of the mall freely. No more narrow walkways outside Macs - the whole place looks so much more spacious! And less of a fire hazard! And as we approached Yu's school, he was very happy to find the side doors to that mall all open. Finally no need to make a big round to the main door if I want to go Sheng Siong or he needs to pee. When we first took the MRT route to the mall, Yu was very pleased and shouted "oh no need, no more!" (safe entry gantries) before dashing up the escalator.

Old toys brought new joy!


Then I joined them to build higher as there were still a few more blocks left. But it was too filmsy and everything collapsed! They found it fun to watch it collapse too :p

Decided to dine out on Friday. Kai, Yang and I went to fetch Yu and we went to Han's. Think the last time we went there was pre-pandemic! I only asked if they wanted noodles or rice. Then I ordered beef hor fun, HK fried noodles and sweet and sour fish. Turned out the fish came with rice but just as well coz Kai ate a lot of rice while waiting for his brothers to finish!

Finishing up the yummy food! But HK fried noodles are yummier...


Scooping rice bit by bit... It was quite yummy even on its own!


I was sad that they eventually went for Macs ice cream instead of cakes at Han's but ok la, they were very happy


And Papa came home that night! It was a hot Saturday so the laundry was manageable :p And it was a very good day for a swim! The kids were so happy to head for the pool, and even happier that both Sito and I were going in too!

His hair was so long it got swept back - so handsome!


Later, Kai and Yang also made the water sweep their hair back. Sito and I also had kid(s) on our back as we raced in the pool. Oh, I made Yu cry when I made him swim a bit *.* He didn't want to swim! But he could! Sighs... 

Anyway that was the only picture that day coz I was in the pool. Kai decided to carry me towards the end of our session. It was ok until he decided he had to carry me "more" and he lifted me from my knees! I managed a “老公救我!” just before I fell backwards into the water! Thank goodness Sito was near and I was saved! Never mind that the pool was 1.2m deep :p

With my hair wet, I decided to swim a bit. I managed to swim maybe 5m? :p Kai even lent me his goggles. My hamstrings were already sore from waddling through the pool. I think the swimming didn't help. Needed a massage at night and Yang and Yu obliged :)

Dinner was Macs - indeed a happy ending to April! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment