Thursday 8 December 2022

A day of art, movie, food and MRT rides

I clocked over 12k steps yesterday. Very rare. Very tiring!

Bought them some Pokemon cards. Like 360 of them. So these days, they woke up to open a gambling den play Pokemon cards. I finally remembered to take a picture yesterday.

Look, there's even an opium smoker sleepy boy!


Anyway, I got them out of their matching pyjamas into matching long-sleeve tees coz we were headed to the National Gallery and (hopefully) a movie! I pulled along a jacket for myself too. 

But first, a late breakfast at Macs!


We seem to be having a lot of Macs haha! But they like it. So do we actually :p Yang didn't like breakfast that much but he changed his mind with the Egg McMuffin yesterday; he just didn't like the sausage patty.

Took two trains to get to City Hall. It was a short walk to the National Gallery. Read about the Children's Biennale so decided to go have a look. Reminded them to use respectful language if they didn't like it, e.g. "I don't like this" instead of "this is boring". But as it turned out, they enjoyed it!

Ok, we got called out for this so don't do this!


Painting in the air translated to moving images on screen


Using sounds to create splatters


And stomping like elephants to create splashes of paint


They had great fun making a lot of noise with no one calling them out. Ok, maybe me - I asked them to get a move on! This was probably the loudest they should ever get in an art gallery?? 

Origami time!


Still life drawing - once again reminded that my children are no artists but experimentation is fun!


This room had many tents - origami, drawing, sleeping (?), blocks, magnets etc


Using blocks to play Jenga


At one point, a couple of families came in - all girls. And Kai went "girl alert" and the boys started saying they didn't like having girls around etc... I guess this is the age when boys don't like girls? Let me update on this girl thing in a few years' time...!

Yang and Yu were cutting out designs for a print but Kai wasn't interested...


But Kai eventually joined his brothers


A boat


A dinosaur!


Take a guess at this... Hint: It's not a Xmas tree


Got it? Yup, it's poop. Most of the designs there were Xmas trees etc but my son, he must draw poop! I told him to separate the layers (😂) to make it nicer. Now that I look at it, it looks like a tree!

They were playing a game but all I could focus on was the bee - so familiar, right??


The boys took a video of themselves in another room. It was supposed to let people record their response to an artwork but what do my kids know???

Maybe nothing. Coz they were just goofing around in the video *.*

Maybe a lot. When I told them about Elvis Presley, Kai said, "Isn't he the king of rock?" How did he know?! I kept asking him but he refused to say. Same thing for Ryan Koh when we saw the standee later. How did this boy know?? :p

We spent the least time here coz the artworks were fragile and my kids had a new water bottle holder they could swing about!


Then we drew! Mine's a random angel and Yang took this picture


They drew angry faces, grrrr


We left the gallery and walked back to the train station. It was such a lovely day! Yu was walking with me while Kai and Yang were just in front. At one point, they were holding hands! I whipped out my camera too late!

Next stop was AMK Hub. We managed to get good tickets for Puss In Boots - The Last Wish. Whisked them down to get a quick snack of chicken balls and fish balls before going back up to get popcorn for the movie. I was hungry but didn't manage to get something for myself as there was no time :( So I ate popcorn :p Bought two big buckets for four of us to share. 

Yu's first movie since before Circuit Breaker in 2020!


He was so funny. If I took popcorn continuously, he would stop me *.* We only finished our bucket when the movie ended - so much!

Then we took a walk around the mall. I was wondering if there were any interesting things or food since we seldom had the chance to go there. But suddenly, Yang turned to me with his mouth open - an upper incision was on his lower lip!! 

He told me it was not very loose just the day before. But after the movie, he said it was getting loose coz he was shaking it. And suddenly, it dropped! This happened just three days after a lower incisor came off - it was hurting him and he refused to let us pull it out. But when AhMa gave him a mirror to see, he pushed it up and it came off easily! The sharp root was hanging by a thread and hurting him.

So he has lost five in total, vs. Kai's seven. My tooth boxes aren't filling up! Haha!

Trying to show off his boh geh-ness


Anyway, he washed up in a toilet and we got some doughnuts for dessert and left for WaiPo's place. They decided to walk instead of taking a bus. Just nice as it was cooling after a rain during our movie. 

Yu was so cute - he asked WaiPo for apple. Too bad she only had persimmons and oranges yesterday. But his wish for nuggets came true! But he was too full to eat more than one. I always allow them to touch the nuggets just once before their rice and limitless after finishing their bowl.

Kai discovered Netflix on WaiPo's TV and happily found their fave cartoon. Now that I got YQ's account details, I think they would desert MeWatch for Netflix coz they often have connection issues with the former.

Yu wanted to take the train home as he was afraid of puking on the taxi. So we did that and man, it was tiring! I'm no good when it gets dark - what's the opposite of vampires? :p Even Yang was getting sleepy on the train. He was just sitting quietly on Kai's lap (!) on his invite. Later, he sat next to me and leaned on me until we reached BP.

But they all stayed up until 9 pm to watch video after showering. They knocked out very quickly though so I managed to rest too. I couldn't feel my legs by then, after almost 12 hours out!

I'm planning to bring them out at least one more time this month, to see Christmas lights! See if I can strengthen my legs up before then, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment