Sunday 25 December 2022

Are we ready for school year 2023??

The week after returning from Legoland, we did more preparation for school reopening! 

Shoes

On Monday, we went to Jurong East to get school shoes. I ordered a pair from Decathlon for Yu. While waiting for it to arrive at the Westgate store, we went to the Westgate playground. It was drizzling a bit so I let them play for a short while. They had fun though Kai looked too big for it already!

Anyway, the Decathlon shoes were too small :( But I really want to get that for Yu so I bought only one pair of Skechers for him; will get Decathlon when we head to town next week. Also bought only one pair of North Star laced-ups each for Kai and Yang as we got them shoes while in Legoland - that was a very good buy!

Besides school shoes, also bought Crocs for them all - Kai's right sandal was cracked at the sole; Yang's sandals stink like mad - need to wash and dry again but they're getting old anyway; Yu's shoes were starting to fall apart and getting small. And we were so lucky so Kai's left sandal gave way irreparably barely a minute after we left Crocs!

Found a seat nearby to change


Btw, this boy has big feet - 38-39 vs. my 39-40! Yang is a 36-37 and Yu 33-34. We were at Bata when Sito joined us - heng, coz three bags of shoes, three boys and evening peak hour traffic would have made me very dead by the end of the day!

Got Sito a pair of slippers before heading for an early dinner at Paradise Dynasty. Kai and Yang managed to use chopsticks to take XLBs for themselves :) I only had to help Yu, which was manageable. Each of us had a bowl of noodles too so we ate quite a lot!

Found easy shorts at a bargain at Uniqlo so got them for LNY to go with the tees we got while in Legoland. Then it was home... 

One of these days, I'll spray waterproofing stuff on the canvas ones. Also need to teach Yang how to tie shoelaces and give Kai a refresher course!

Books

The books arrived before Legoland. The boys wrote their name on the workbooks while I wrapped up the textbooks and stuck name labels from preschool time on them. Yang's maths and science textbooks are different from Kai's so I didn't bother much with those as Kai won't be handing them down. Yu doesn't have music textbook and a literature book anymore so I didn't bother much with those too.

I emptied out a cabinet for Yu some time ago. Well, it isn't exactly empty; there's still some household stuff in the lower part but I figure he won't need that much space yet...

School bags

Kai and Yu's bags arrived before Legoland too. I didn't get a new one for Yang as his is still in very good condition and he likes it. 

I unpacked the bags, gave them a wipe and threw their pencil cases and umbrellas inside. Freed up some space in the cabinet so we don't miss getting the books into their bags later. I already have Yu's packing list for week 1. For Kai and Yang, I'll print out when I get it and have them pack themselves!

Others?

Uniforms are long washed and ironed, just waiting to be worn. 

Next will be to prepare them mentally for school. Can't believe Yu is going to P1 already, and Kai P5?! Yang will be P3 but goodness, he is still such a baby! And he cannot remember many Chinese words from P1 - he's not worried but I am!! 

I guess I also need to prepare myself mentally....

No comments:

Post a Comment