Tuesday 17 October 2017

Bye bye, pumps!

After the long child care centre closure weekend 31 Aug-4 Sep, I decided to drop one pump and just pump once between 2 and 4 pm.

Right after Legoland, I was on course for three days and didn't bring my pump. Instead, I hand-expressed. The quantity dropped madly to below 100 ml :(

The following week, I started a two-week course. The first day, I didn't manage to pump. The second day, I only managed to hand express at 6 pm in the car. The next three days, I expressed by hand in the middle of the afternoon, sitting in a back corner of the classroom. The quantity was pathetic but it was enough for Yu's last bottle at the end of the day, which is usually the least so that he can have dinner when he gets home.

Alarm deleted!


Needless to say, I haven't managed to top up my freezer stash for weeks. I finally ran out on Friday, 29 Sep, sighs!

My last ever packet of frozen breastmilk


As of last Monday, I totally stopped expressing milk, and Yu has been having formula in the day and nursing only at home. Last Saturday, I broke out the formula at home for the first time but he wouldn't take more than 20 ml. I don't know if it's because he wouldn't take the bottle at home, or he didn't like formula made in the Philippines - he was taking Nan Pro 2 made in Switzerland but when he turned one, his first Pro 3 was made in the Philippines. Hope there is no taste difference! Shall monitor...

I'm immensely relieved though - pumping takes a lot of time!! And I had to wear only separates to facilitate pumping. I wore a dress for the first time in a long time last Tuesday and Yang told me I was beautiful :) And I'm now going to sell or give away my two Medela pumps and parts, if anyone wants them. Declutter!

I'm still happily nursing though Yu likes to bite *.* But I shall carry on as long as he likes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment