Wednesday 6 April 2022

Little incidents in school

Found this draft dated 27 Jan 2019. 2019 leh! So thought I'd compile a list of memorable incidents... Actually, not many...

Jun 2016

Yang had a febrile fit in school while I was at an evening FGD. That was his second time.

May 2019

Kai was a lost boy. That was right after school, not exactly in school.

27 Jan 2019 - the draft :p

I was discussing some work with my boss on 23 Jan Wednesday morning when I got a call from the school general office - lucky I saved the number so I picked it up quickly. It was only 8 am. Kai had a bee or wasp sting?!! The staff told me that they had applied a cold press. Kai sounded like he cried. When I asked whether he was ok to go back to class, he said he didn't know. That meant he was ok la :p When I saw his cheek in the afternoon, it didn't look like it was a bee sting. He also couldn't tell me whether the insect flew off or died. Ah well...

The next day, Kai had his first spelling test. He told me he got full marks. I was surprised it got marked so quickly. "No, I knew it." Alright!

2021

Yu had a fall in school and came home with a baluku adjacent to his old baluku *.* This is one hardy boy. He had been hurting his head since about eight months old?!

Three days before the end of the school year, I got a call from Kai's teacher when I was in Ikea. Kai had a run-in with a classmate. She spoke with both of them together. When asked what he should do next, Kai gave an unexpected answer - "kill myself"! 

The teacher told me that while the school counsellor found no sign of suicide ideation, she thought she should tell me. I also told her that he said that at home as well but more in anger and jest. 

Still, I decided to have a one-one with Kai that evening. Told him to reach out to parents or a trusted adult if he ever had any thoughts of hurting himself. No one who loves him would agree to him hurting himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment