Tuesday 12 April 2022

Sweet boy says sweet things

That's Yang :)

When I first took over housework, my fingers become all dry and flaky. I told Yang about it.

mf: My fingers are so rough! 妈妈不美了……
Yang: *looking at me* Your face is still pretty so it's ok!

Hee...

We were reading 济公 comics some time ago. There was a part on his reincarnation. Last week, Yang suddenly announced at dinner that he would not drink the soup (孟婆汤) coz he didn’t want to lose his memories. 

mf: Oh, what do you want to remember?
Yang: *pointing at me and pouting a little* You.

Awww....

Last Thursday, Yang walked into the dental clinic in school. I got the dentist to look at his top right incisor two weeks before that; it had shifted to the middle due to the permanent tooth erupting behind. We - dentist, Yang and I - agreed that if the slightly shaky tooth did not drop off on its own in a week, we would pull it out. 

I prepared a hotdog bun for Yang to have a quick bite before going for the extraction during recess. He called me once he reached the clinic.

Yang: Mama, I'm at the dentist.
mf: Good, be brave!
Yang: Mama, how to get the blood to stop?
mf: You bite on the gauze. Can ask the dentist.
Yang: Ok, I will. Bye bye, Mama.

"Mama" in every line :)

And every morning, before he gets on the bus, I'll wish him and Kai a good day in school but only Yang would turn around to say "bye bye, Mama"

Before and after - taken at our bus stop and school bus stop


Went to fetch them that day coz I realised Kai had just over $1 and Yang had under $1 in their cards. Needed to get them home in case they couldn't use their cards. But they could. I wasted $3 on my bus fare but the time was well spent making sure they could get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment