Thursday 28 May 2020

Are we ready for school??

The kids saw their friends wear masks before the circuit breaker. Or at least Kai did but the younger ones know about masks. The teachers did a damn good job - Yu spaced out our water bottles the other day, saying social distancing, social distancing!

And I've been trying new masks on them here and there. And telling them about wearing masks - when do they put it on, when do they take it off. And oh how cute they look!

Out for the first time in weeks!



Let Kao wear a mask with shortened straps - I had stitched up 2 cm on each side in order to add rubber bands for Sito but this mask doesn't fit Sito well. Just nice for Kai!

Brought Kai to cut his hair today. There was no one. The staff said it was more crowded yesterday; no one today probably coz of news about a COVID-19 case being at the NTUC three floors now four days ago... I had wanted to bring Yang tmr and Yu on Saturday but they couldn't wait another day when they saw their brother botak! And since the barber was empty and had two staff, I brought them to cut their hair too after collecting masks from the government.

Trying on the new masks - need to adjust the straps...


So I think we should have no problem getting them to put on their marks. I wasn't so sure about them keeping them on but after today, I think they should be fine, especially when other kids are wearing too...

At the child care centre, the kids will remove their masks during meal times and nap time. Still no shower time. In school, Kai will remove their masks during PE and meal times. I'll have Kai fold his mask properly to keep in his pocket but for his brothers, I need more ziplocks to store their masks for later use.

The government gave us four disposable masks per household and two batches of one reusable mask per person. Mum gave us a number of reusable masks for both adults and children, and N disposable masks. I bought 10 reusable grey masks for the kids a few weeks ago and threw them into the wash.

Over the weekend, I found that we lost five of grey kiddy masks to the washing machine! I dug one out from the filter, and two more surfaced, all broken, after I did a drum wash. The other two might have disintegrated!!

I had intended to buy more anyway, coz I need to give each of them two each day - one to wear and one (or two) as spare. So I put in an order for 30 more to cater for missing masks - if they can lose pants, they can lose masks, label or no label. But there's a problem with the app so I could buy only 10 at one go. Luckily there's time before they go to school, and they can use the N disposable masks.

Also bought two more thermometers coz Kai has to take temperature in school every day. His first issued thermometer died after one year and I had to give him my 10yo thermometer which had helped in tracking my basal temperature when conceiving him, ha! But 10yo, I thought I'd better buy more to stand by.

I think that's about all the prep needed apart from packing their bags. So to answer my own question - yes, we are ready for school!

Oh wait - maybe the kids aren't ready to not stay at home and play all day? Too bad! :p

Not much change for Sito and I. Sito will go back to office according to a schedule. I'll continue to work from home except that I'll also have to send Kai to school - no more nua-ing in PJ pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment