Tuesday 12 May 2020

School holidays, Boys' Day and Mothers' Day

It's school holidays!

Cannot call it June holidays this time :p

But there's still work of all sorts during the holidays, especially when the primary school kid did not do a lot of his Chinese offline work during HBL!!!

Last day of HBL - on google meet


I only discovered his - I'm sure quite unintentionally - omissions when his Chinese teacher sent a checklist of offline work. So much work not done *.* He either didn't listen to the audio instructions on SLS or he didn't understand *.* And when I went in and happened to clicked on an English assignment, I realised he was supposed to do exercises in a book which he had probably left in school *.*

A lot of *.* discoveries in the past week.

But he's been very interested in big numbers in the past couple of weeks or more!


He asked Siri for thirty times sixteen billion six hundred sixty seven million eight hundred sixty nine thousand one hundred and eight four - was fun to watch the number show up!


Yang asked and Siri delivered - a yummy cookie reply!


Yu decided to do some art and craft one evening


"It's a fire helicopter!"


Yu had home activities last week but none this week - I'm not complaining!! Yang continues to have home activities this week though. I will contiune to do them with him since the teachers are so on and they are quite manageable.

The new iPad is a good investment - the kids have been reading narrated stories on their own before bedtime. I just think they're too easy for Kai. Must find more books to interest him in. But he would read only English books on his own.

These days, I read a Chinese composition or two with him right after I stopped work. Couple of days ago, I even showed him a fight scene in 庆余年! He wasn't too interested after that but today, he asked for it on his own! Yes, my evil plan is to get him hooked on 武侠剧 to help his Chinese, mwahahaha!

Kai reads a narrated book but he doesn't like pure audio books...


Yu likes it too!


I didn't realise it was Vesak Day last week. So it was a pleasant surprise - end of HBL plus short week, woohoo! It was a very pleasant day - TV, nap, Lego :)

 What are they building?


Sito presented it to me that night - my Mothers' Day present!


So fun, so cute! The kids had fun with it the next day too but gosh, they were destroying it fast!! I kept it away from their prying eyes and hands after that.. MINE!

But that set off a new wave of Lego play that's still going on now :)


Yu took this photo of me tickling Yang - I love it!


He also took a photo of Kai and Papa building another Lego set


Wait - it's not Lego; it's some random brand of mini blocks. But super nice! And  the kids said that since the toy catcher is mine, this second set must be theirs!

Yu plays with the theme park ride - it's falling apart, hoho!


This year, we forgot to take our annual picture with the koi streamers coz we didn't pass by the door as a family. The kids have been in for so long that they don't even venture near the door. When I asked them, they were quite happy to be home!

Lonely kois...


Saturday, Sito made carnations!


While the kids played with the ribbons


Blue ninja!


Pink ninja!


From left to right: From Sito, Kai, Yang and Yu - all made by Papa :)


The last flower was made by me. And I went on to make two more. Adding on the sample from the box from Sito's office, I pulled the bunch into an ugly bouquet.

The first bouquet I made :)


But Mothers' Day is just like any other weekend - mothering continues :)


But sometimes he mothers me - Yu pretends to be a teacher, reading to me :)


Found Yu using the iPad this morning when I was on a call


His brothers were playing Nintendo. He can't watch them play for an hour so he always asks for the iPad. He'll read a narrated book, play the Chinese game or play Unblock Me. He and his brothers used to use this Reading Eggs app for English and Maths but the free trial ended last week :p

Kai did up his holiday assignment today. He's now left with a Chinese weather report to do from tomorrow to Sunday. And we can enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment