Wednesday 14 October 2020

Enrichment...

Tonight, I'm talking about enrichment - first, art lessons; then, tuition; now, others.

After over two years, Kai and Yang had their last swimming lesson on 27 Sep.

I've been wondering for a while about the goal of these lessons. I mean, two years! They can swim somewhat but are we to continue with lessons with no end in mind?

Then the coach asked about raising fees. It was a 30% increase. Affordability aside, we really wondered where we're going with this. Not to mention, he was often not on time so things were a bit rushed every other Sunday when we went to the grands for lunch and nap.

So we decided to stop. Maybe next year, when Yang is all settled in P1, I'll find someone who can teach weekday afternoons. And Yu can come home earlier to join in :)

Very happy with his "new" top and a cap!


After sitting with Kai for his online Chinese tuition, I had a brain wave - I could make slides to teach things to the kids!

I was trying to do some national education over National Day but it was so hard to find good videos and then get them to focus as I scrolled for the YouTube videos. Slides would make it so much more structured! I can still use videos to complement the lessons!

Since the idea rooted itself in my head, I have finished a deck on rice, and am now on emotions. I have a list of topics in my phone and I fill them up with bits of info during my daily commute between home and school before sitting down to pull the info together. It's quite a bit of work, but hey, I can use each three times :p

I'm very excited about it! I have a work lunch tomorrow but hope I could start my first lesson with Kai too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment