Wednesday 14 October 2020

Let's paint!

We've been talking about art lessons for a while. I finally signed Yang up for a trial class on 20 Sep. It was a Sunday afternoon, and the piece was Chinese painting. I was able to stay for 15 min and saw the intro to the piece they were doing that day before they started painting.

I thought he did very well!


When I went back to the school later, I learnt that I couldn't have him take that class on alternate Sundays so I signed him for another trial class on a weekday. This class seems more technical. And since there was a trial for Yu's age group on the same day, I also signed him up - he was also interested but the earlier trial class was for Yang's age group.

What are you doing?


I stayed a little longer for Yu and saw him trace nicely :)


Yang's Japanese pagoda


Yu's spider with rainbow background


After the trial, both wanted to continue. I asked them multiple times whether they would still continue without the candies at the end of the trial class *.* In the end, I signed them up. So every Tuesday for two months, I'll take them out of school earlier for art lessons. They are always happy to leave school way ahead of their friends!

This is Yang's, done over two lessons


Yu's Christmas piece - why at this time, I have no idea!


Yu's again, coz he completes one every lesson


For this scarecrow piece, I saw him outline the clouds and trees with black paint. He could do it really well! 

The teachers will go through each kid's work at the end of the lesson, and let me know what the kid did and well/not so well. Where Yu couldn't do, his teacher would step in to help so it's quite a guided lesson. The class is also very small at two or three each. Hence the fees I suppose, haha! But it's quite fuss free for me - don't have to invest in any materials...

Need space to keep their transfer case and portfolio though!! So big - lucky I bought only one to share


Next week, I must remember to bring their tees lest they dirty their school uniforms!

No comments:

Post a Comment