Tuesday 27 July 2021

COVID vaccination

Sito and I are finally vaccinated, woohoo!

Sito went for his first jab on 30 May, two days after being released from SHN. By then, I put in three appeals for him to get early vaccination already as he had wanted to go back to KL soon... 

He didn't get much symptoms or so he said until my first jab. Changed his story to feeling tired from work....! But ya, he was working madly the two weeks after SHN.

And I had my first on 19 Jun. I think MOH was very busy? I didn't get an SMS reminder whereas I got one for Sito's as I registered for him.

One week before that, MOH told me I had a possible exposure on 3 June in Ion *.* Sito didn't mention but he should have got the same SMS! So we were encouraged to swab or we must monitor our health for two weeks. Since it was only a few days shy of two weeks (!), we just waited it out.

My arm was very sore that evening. Yu accidentally landed on my arm and I jumped. Thankfully, it got much better the next day. I didn't feel it unless I pressed it.

Then the news came that we could bring our second vaccination forward. Sito's date for 11 July (just before Kai's birthday!) was already looming and it was the weekend when he didn't have to work so we didn't change that. I brought mine forward by only one week coz I wanted to coincide with a weekend when helper was around.

About 24 hours after his second jab, he felt tired. And he felt tired for pretty much the rest of the day. His arm was also sore. But thankfully, he had no other symptoms. By the next day, he was fine.

I had mine in 24 July. I had purposely chose a Saturday when helper was working on the Sunday so that I could rest on Sunday and would not need to take MC if I were down. But I didn't get anything more than a super sore injection site that was warm to the touch. Only a little sore and warm now. Temp seemed a bit high but below fever range and I didn't feel unwell. I did have a bad runny nose but I don't know if that's just me being susceptible to colds or a symptom!

Much TLC from this sweet boy :)


Also made appointments for helper to be vaccinated. She didn't want it when I first asked her. Then one day, she told me she wanted to go for the vaccination. I registered for her and captured all her declaration on WhatsApp, with the help of Google Translate :p When news for no dining in came in, she cancelled her rest days so I moved her dates forward instead of waiting for the Fridays when she would be working on the Sunday - weekend much less work and she didn't need to spend her rest day recuperating. Quite unlike me, hoho!

No comments:

Post a Comment