Monday 5 July 2021

Yu's first play date with his friends

I don't think I wrote about Kai or Yang's first play date with their friends... Oh well, I was busier than now :p

Yu's friend invited him over to play yesterday. Her mum didn't say but Yu told me they celebrated her birthday in school on Friday so I bought a present.

Yang was also invited later coz Yu's friend's sister was in Yang's class. But Yang decided on the day itself that he wanted to play Nintendo instead. In fact, Yu also wanted to watch them play but I wouldn't let him off coz we promised to go already. I bribed him with ice cream *.*

But along the way, he wanted to show me a lollipop vending machine that I had never noticed before. I'm sure the last time he saw that machine was months ago too. Second time in a week that he showed us his good memory; on Saturday, he saw a purple box in the fridge and asked Sito if that had the yellow popping balls - yes! But he last had that months ago!

We took a bus from the interchange after he found the right number. Then he sat on a single seat on the bus, which meant I had to stand next to him *.* He kept telling me to sit down though - hello, 你掉下来怎么办?!

The other invited kid was already there when we arrived. I had wanted to do a drop-off too but Yu wanted me to be with him and this was his first time at his friend's house. Luckily Sito didn't have to work this weekend. 

After the initial screaming greetings, the kids went playing. Yu was very taken with the kitchen such that when the rest started playing a dancing game on the TV, he did not join them!

We had cake for tea. Yu and I bought a tub of popcorn as well but I was surprised he didn't eat much of the popcorn. 

Then the slide came out


Sito and I considered getting a slide when we first moved to BP but in the end, we didn't get one. Would have been great to have during the circuit breaker?!

While they were playing, the parents chatted about school, work and life with kids, and sometimes acted as customers for the kids' restaurant. Then it was time to go!

Yu had his lollipop on the way home


Notice all the slopes behind Yu? Yang and I used to pass by this estate on the bus to and from music lesson. Yu and I came from another bus stop but more buses could get us home from this bus stop outside the slopes. We walked down quite a bit and descended only one floor! Thankfully we found a lift to help with three more levels.

Yu gave the second and last lollipop to me. I told him I would share it with Papa later. He ended up coming out of his bed again and again to ask if we'd had the lollipop *.*

He had to park his lollipop in a cup when we got home coz he had to shower. Then Papa and his brothers came home from packing dinner - Macs! It was a very fast and happy meal for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment