Thursday 24 November 2011

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving today. I never thought much about it until the last cooking class when the lady spoke about it before she went on to prepare a traditional Thanksgiving meal for us. It's a time for families to get together. It's a time to give thanks, as its name suggests.

Indeed, I have much to be thankful for.

It's been a turbulent year, full of happy and joyful thoughts and hopes, full of sad and dark hours, full of friends and growing friendships, and full of uncertainties of what lies ahead. Through the good and bad, we have grown a little.

I had a good conversation with a friend today at the Thanksgiving feast in school. She said she often forgot to live in the present. She also told me that she thought I was the happy-go-lucky sort. The truth is, when I'm careless, I can fall into the dark side, and be pessimistic and generally negative about what the future holds. It's a timely reminder to not worry too much and simply 活在当下 and live every day as it is.

Because every day is a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment