Sunday 3 March 2019

A Sunday story, with laughs and tears and much warmth

I bought some new goggles for the kids coz we lost one and broke another. I love to see them in goggles - they look so cute, especially when the goggles are on their forehead.

The tiny one also has goggles


The eyelids get a bit compressed by the goggles, super cute even if he didn't make this face


Yang can also swim without boards!


While Kai chao keng when the coach was busy with Yang!


I love this picture - it tells our Sunday story :)


Yu was sleepy after swimming. After he went down for his nap, I continued watching Monster Hunt with Kai and Yang. At the end, when the main character sent the little monster away, I started tearing and said it was so sad. And I saw Kai wiping his eyes! I turned to look at him and said it was ok to be sad but he looked embarrassed and refused to look at me! Awww, my boy is just like me!

Sito attempted to show Kai what a phone looks like on the inside


But all our screws were not small enough. I think we should go watch some YouTube how-tos first :p

So these two helped to put the screws back


Yang was telling Yu to put the screws back with the bigger side down. Yu took one that was uniformly big, and told me "don't have"! Um, just put it back either way? :p

We were on our own today as N changed her off day. So lunch and tea were mess free options, and dinner was out. Andes across the road was no longer as crowded as weeks back so we had a good meal there, with the kids relatively compliant and full with a mix of carbs and meat; I had given up vege for home and school mostly.

Next was NTUC for milk. I needed a bottle but guess how many we bought in the end? I told myself that in just 4-5 more years, none of them will want a basket...

Re-distributing coz heavy


An important part of Sunday is sending them to sleep. Kai was angry with me over a number of things this weekend. By nightfall, however, he only wanted me to spend more time with him. So hard to refuse. So hard to accede too. We chatted a little, hugged a little, and when I left, I spooked him a little and he fell to the floor, laughing. I shooed him off to bed :) As I got to his brothers, Sito went in to be with him.

I gave Yu his bottle and went to Yang's bed. Barely chatted much when Yu got up and demanded my attention. Eventually, we ended up on Yu's bed. These days, Yu likes to be hugged to sleep - we face each other, he has a bear in his arms, I have a hand on his back, and we sleep. Just now, I fell asleep but he woke me - Mama, bao bao me to drink water! Oh ok.... And I found Yang asleep at the edge of Yu's bed. I settled Yu down after his drink, and carried Yang back to his bed. A few more tugs and hugs with Yu, and he fell asleep.

Yu is the only baby who would hug me to sleep like this :) I love it. I think it's so cute and warm, and I have such a short time with him to do this. Tonight, I also wondered if Kai and Yang would have done that if I hadn't an infant to deal with when they were this age...

A throwback to last week - doesn't he look cute?


Yu: Tu ti tu ti. Hello, Mummy? Hello, Mummy??
Mama: Oh, hello, Yu? (I must answer him!)
Yu: Yang Yang hit me! (5 min ago)
Mama: Awww, come, I sayang you...

And after a couple of rounds of this, he started switching out the "villain" - Kai, Papa, AhYe! But so cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment