Saturday 30 March 2019

Hopefully our last A&E trip!

I thought we might never do this again but we did. And now all three are registered with NUH!

Kai used to go in for high fevers. Yang used to go in for head issues - fell off bed and puked, three febrile fits; we managed fevers well otherwise. You fell off bed multiple times without puking, but was inconsolable with an itchy eye on Monday.

Over the weekend, there were at least two nights when he cried saying “my eye, my eye!” And rubbing one and/or the other. One was Sunday night l; the other, I couldn’t be sure.

But Monday about 7.40 pm, he started crying about his right eye. I didn’t know whether his rubbing or something was making his eye swell up. He refused his milk. I decided to bring him to NUH A&E. He kind of stopped crying so much by the time we were downstairs. And then he dozed off in the taxi! I was wondering if the trip was still needed but well, better get it checked out. Sito met us there.

Poor baby while waiting for the cab


And so we waited in the children’s section, which was peppered with baby cries every so often, but more often than not, this baby was loudly telling me that whatever was on the TV there could be found back home! And “caterpillar”! I don’t like caterpillar... and “spider”! And “I like that bear bear”...

Quite happy now


And he went around to try seats


What are these?!


Yu was a model patient! Or perhaps he was just a little shy. He just sat on me, and listened to our instructions to get his eyes and throat and ears checked. Good baby! The doctor said it was probably some viral infection related to his running nose. We thought it might also be the dip in the Furama pool...

Other eye was a little itchy while we were waiting for his eyedrops


It was quite funny administering the eyedrops. I prepared him by dropping one drop on tissue paper to show him that it was liquid, and told him that he had to blink - as I blinked, I went "ding ding ding ding ding". When I got the first drop in, he tried to rub and I told him to blink saying "ding ding ding ding ding", and he just said "ding ding ding ding ding" without blinking!!!

His eyes looked better the next morning so he went to school. Before that, I gave him some eyedrops as a precaution. Had to use gummy bears to bribe him though. Thankfully, the itchy didn't seem to have come back. Or he didn't like the eyedrop so much that he just said "not itchy anymore"!

No comments:

Post a Comment