Sunday 14 April 2019

A weekend of outings and slightly grown kids

It was a more unusual weekend for us coz we went out late on Saturday. Since we moved to BP, we very seldom went out of the neighbourhood on Saturdays. But let me start from the top...

While the rest of us are fine with bread for breakfast every day, Yu won't have it. Looks like I have to be more hardworking with baking... So after Yang's music lesson yesterday, I make two types of muffin and oatmeal flapjack.

Cutting up his muffin at breakfast


And I found him perched on the kitchen stool getting apple slices


In the evening, Kai and Yang wanted to play football. Yu wanted to read at my suggestion (coz he could hardly compete with his brothers for the ball!) so we went to the reading room. And we found some old books!

We read this CDIS book!


The kids had company


Changed the sweaty boys and headed for dinner in town coz cousin SH was in town. By the time we left town, it was just past 8 pm. The kids were so tired that Kai and Yang fell asleep in the car while Yu stayed very quiet... I asked him if he was tired, and he only nodded - so poor thing!!! Think they are very used to sleeping early, though Yang could sleep pretty late if he had his afternoon nap.

Standard lower lip jutting out look - but just before dozing off instead of being defiant or angry :p


Happy with some toys at dinner!


And perhaps his last time on a high chair. He hadn't been on one for a long time before this. Usually, he would just stand to feed himself, or sit down and be fed. I think he's also getting a tad big for this high chair.

Yang made a big structure!


Kai caught me taking a photo so...!


I let them have their 3-min video each after their shower. They guai guai went to bed after that and fell asleep soon enough.

So happy to see this boy still asleep though the sun was up!


It was not N's off day and we had a playdate arranged but she wanted to go vote so we agreed that she would go in the morning and come back immediately. Turned out that playdate was cancelled due to coughing kids. Anyway, that was replaced by the parents going out..

Breakfast at Ya Kun


With the boy who claimed he wanted toast when he didn't


We almost forgot to take away our little bag of leftover toast if not for Yang! Then we must take a trip to the supermarket, and of course buy a little something. This time, it was flavoured milk.

Monkeys in the aisle


The kids watched Alice in Wonderland back home. A neighbour with older kids recently gave us a whole bag of DVDs. More things to keep them occupied!

"Don't let GeGe take my pink one!"


After lunch, I did four online assignments with Kai. He isn't too familiar with the laptop yet, this being his second time. Need to familiarise him with it so I won't need to sit with him soon! Also did a successful keyboard practice with Yang - some competition with Kai was good. And when Mum they all arrived, the performing streak emerged for both of them. Good, I say!

Sito and I went out with Mum to fix our backs. Sito's muscle ache didn't go away after a week. My perpetual backache from carrying Yu was getting worse. Sito exclaimed out loud in the midst of his treatment, which gave me a scare! Hope we all get well after this..

Check out the salmon vending machine outside the clinic!!


This weekend, I realised something - our kids are really growing up. We haven't been to the restaurant we went to on Saturday for some time. I recall the last time, Yu was running about uncontrollably. This time, he went to see the fish a couple of times, and mostly stayed around our table. Kai and Yang went about on their own; we didn't need to chase.

We also haven't been to Ya Kun for a while as well. The last time, I had to chase Yu madly, and Kai and Yang couldn't stay in their seats much too. This time, all three stayed on their seats except for Yu who walked over to his brothers' side at the end and only at the end.

During pool time, Kai and Yang were doing their usual and Sito was swimming leisurely while Yu jumped into the pool, climbed out and jumped in again and again. I was happily watching them, taking photos, surfing internet, until Yang needed to poop - I'm still needed after all, haha!

It feels good but certainly we're not at a less tiring stage yet - I'm still feeling sleepy as I type... But wow, our future weekends are promising :)

No comments:

Post a Comment