Thursday 4 April 2019

No more school bus!

Some time in February, we decided to quit the school bus. Kai was evidently picking up things from the older kids. Things were on a routine so N could go fetch Kai. We would save a lot on transport.

When I told Kai about this, he just shrugged it off. Later he told me that some kids bullied him. But I couldn't tell whether it was joking bully or real bully coz he was smiling and coy about it. In any case, his last day was end March.

That day, I totally forgot to remind him to return his token to the driver. The kids had to tap in at every trip. But this boy remembered! So proud of him.

I think the driver called the office when Kai gave him the token, and the person-in-charge called me to confirm withdrawal - she forgot that we spoke in February *.* I dropped the driver a thank-you note, and he said Kai was a good boy and he would miss him. Awww...

He sent me a picture :)


So I worked from home on 1 April, and brought N to fetch Kai. We were too early! And it was drizzling but we didn't have an umbrella coz it was bright and cheery at BP!

The security let us go to the clock tower due to the drizzle. We waited. And waited. And the kids started coming. And more came out! And there he was! He found us in one glance and looked so happy :)

Waiting for our bus home


Coz of the walk to the bus stop and the wait, we got home somewhat later than his usual time.

I took leave for the afternoon. So we had lunch at the prata place - he chose that over Macs! - and finished up with some ice cream - went to Macs after all, hoho! - before taking a slow walk home.

After washing up, we started playing dominos. Actually, I had planned to teach him how to use his laptop and read a book on solstice. But I was so sleepy that I kept dozing off when playing dominos! Why, when I could be wide awake at that hour at work?! Was it the lunch?!

By the time the sleeping bug went away, it was almost 5 pm! We played more dominos and then it was time for me to fetch his brothers. Kai went with me and helped with the stroller :)

The next day, I worked from home again to bring N to school. She managed to recognise where to alight - great! This time, we weren't allowed to go into the school compound. Kai stood at the edge of the clock tower and we spotted each other. He came down, not pleased. We had to explain to him that we couldn't go in. He bought it only coz he didn't see other parents/helpers at the clock tower. Bah, don't believe me!!

In case of heavy rain in future, I brought them to take the train home instead. Must teach N while I could. But I didn't go home with them. I had to go back to work! Kai wasn't pleased. He becomes displeased rather easily...

No comments:

Post a Comment