Tuesday 7 May 2019

Bake day!

Two Mondays ago, or was it three? Anyway, 22 April, Kai brought his little bites home. When I asked him why, he said he still had Wang Wang left from recess. How many did he buy? He got all funny-nervous and sheepish, and after pulling a promise out of me that I would not scold him for buying that, he cheekily took out an empty bag.

HE FINISHED THE WHOLE BAG!

There were some 10 packs inside, though later he said he had seven of eight packs. Anyway, everything was gone. And then he kept the empty bag...?!

So I decided on the spot to not give him pocket money anymore. Anyway, he had been buying only milo and spicy chips etc kind of food for recess. So for the rest of the week, he brought homemade stuff to school. It was lucky we had some flapjacks and chocolate cake at home from the previous weekend bake. But he didn't like the chocolate cake.

Anyway, I thought he should have something savoury for recess and not sweet stuff all the time, so I decided to bake that very Sunday!

But first, I made pancakes for breakfast!


Pretty ugly, but so fluffy! Kai asked for this coz they did some pancakes in school a couple of weeks back. But he had only a few mouthfuls. Yu wasted two pancakes. Yang didn't take any. Sito had one so it was me for the rest!!

Kai's pancake - so nice, so unwanted


And that afternoon, the baking started - sausage rolls, bacon/ham and cheese scrolls, flapjacks. I prepared everything to pop into the oven all at once. It took quite a while!

Just waiting for the oven to heat up now


The scrolls looked good! But the dough was too thick and hard...


I learnt that puff pastry and filo pastry are different, hoho!


I packed the sausage rolls for Kai the next day - he loved it! But by Thursday, he stopped liking it *.* I didn't give him the scrolls coz they were too hard. I made the same dough again last Saturday but used it as pizza crust - thin and yummy!

Melted cheese and ham mini pizzas!


Looks like I'll be baking a lot :))

No comments:

Post a Comment