Monday 7 September 2020

Who doesn't enjoy bedtime?!

In the last week of August, I finally decided to refresh Yang's room.

Original wall decal has lost its colours and parts have peeled off


New wall decal!


Two things remain - the bit of wall where the paint dropped off with a plastic sticker to dampen the key to the window grilles (oops :p) and a cute picture of Yang from school!

Made it nice and cozy so that the boys can enjoy bedtime :)

But they don't *.*

All love to watch funny videos or phone videos a bit longer. To do that, they would read to get enough points. Yang and Yu are ok with reading though Yang sometimes gets lazy and decides to play and give up his funny video instead. The term funny video came about coz Kai and I used to watch his videos which were quite funny! But we went on to YouTube at some point; the name remains the same.

Kai needs to be pushed to read. While his brothers read books of two to four points each, Kai reads 15 min of one book to get seven points. We started him with 10 min for five points so he quibbled quite a bit about the 15 min - his maths is good enough, haha! But now he just picks up the book and gets me to set a timer. 

Recently, he discovered Captain Underpants and realised we have a copy so sometimes in the afternoon, he may even read it on his own accord. Small step to something more, I hope... I remember I started going to the library at primary two and never looked back!

Kai reads to Yu sometimes, which frees me to read to Yang


Anyway, back to bedtime...

These days, I don't get to lie in with Yu anymore. Coz I need to be fair and they want me to be fair - 10 mins 陪陪时间 for each boy before tucking them in and leaving the room. But they will come out n times to say goodnight, drink water, pee pee.

When they finally stop coming out, Yang and Yu are up chatting or rolling around for a while. Chatting isn't a bad thing but gosh, they need to sleep! When Kai is around, they get pretty rowdy when I'm with them but after that, Kai tends to doze off first.

And Yu has been wanting to drop his nap for some time now. Kai napped the most, dropping his nap in or after K2, followed by Yang who dropped his nap around five. Yu may drop upon turning four - he couldn't wait to turn four!

But we also have a deal that he has to stop coming to me at night at four years old, heh :p

Coz I love my bedtime, and I love it most when I have enough space and blanket!

Ok, I'll miss him too, sighs...

No comments:

Post a Comment