Sunday 6 September 2020

Endearing Yu

Yu still comes into our room every night. It's a matter of what time he comes in.

Most times, he snuggles up to me, nestling his head against my neck. It's a bliss to feel his hair on my skin and smell his sweet little round head :)

Sometimes, he snuggles up to Sito. Actually, Sito's back coz he has adopted a protective stance against Yu's 夺命剪刀脚 :p

But in the morning, if I'm still in bed when he wakes, he hugs me around my neck or torso. Often, he'll shower me with wet baby kisses. He is such a dear :)

Managed to take a photo two Saturdays ago when I wasn't too groggy - I think he was trying to close his eyes purposely but ended up squeezing his eyes shut :p

That monkey is our usual 第三者


Yu also likes to act baby. Instead of using words, he uses sounds with cute little actions. He tilts his head to the side and gave me a cute blank look. He pouts. 

All of them pout - I melt!


The other day, he came home with the heart gesture - curved arms over the head. All three did that during bedtime and there was a lot of hugging and I-love-you's.

At bedtime, he says he's Lula and I'm Mima and Papa is Bubu - names of the aliens in the Shaun the Sheep movie we watched over LNY this year. 

I don't know if I got it all but the point is, Yu brings a lot of cuteness with his actions and words.

And then there's this...

So yesterday, we had a debrief after his bout of defiant running. I explained to him why it was dangerous for him to run like that - towards the road and there were bicycles on the walkway. I explained why he had to hold my hand when crossing the road. I explained why I had to suspend his funny video that day. 

He nodded to show understanding. I asked if he was sorry. He nodded again. I asked him to say sorry for hitting me, and he gave a quiet "sorry, Mama". Ok, time for a hug. And in my arms, he started to cry silent tears.......

Yes, unlike his brothers who wail, Yu cries silently. (Yang did once too.) I still remember the first time - we were at a restaurant and he wanted the ice in Sito's iced water. But by the time he finished his food, the ice had all melted. We showed him the cup and his tears dropped silently. Sito decided to ask for another cup of iced water even though we were getting ready to leave the restaurant already. I think that was when we were in Malaysia with the extended family but that would mean he was only one!

真让人心疼死了!

No comments:

Post a Comment