Friday 27 February 2015

Sweet breastmilk

Breastmilk is sweet. I know because I've tasted it! In the past couple of weeks, I have been dabbing my lips with breastmilk that leak as I hand-express. It does wonders on my dry and chapped lips! My lips still dry out and peel off but they look so much better than before.

Back during ZK's time, I even drank my own breastmilk when ZK didn't finish - he must have been ill or something. Or I left the milk in the fridge for a little too long. I added that to Milo though, so I didn't actually taste it.

Another use I discovered this time - as a moisturiser for ZY's rashes. His eczema came back after I stopped the steroid cream. While waiting for a moisturiser to arrive from Amazon, I rubbed breastmilk on his rashes. Now coupled with the moisturiser, I thought parts of his rashes feel smoother though they still look red.

I'm still pumping twice in office and usually hand-express after ZY's night feed. But last night, he didn't have a night feed!

When he stirred, I patted him back to sleep since it wasn't his usual milk time yet. I dozed off next to him. When I woke, it was past his usual milk time! I kept patting him back to sleep whenever he stirred. He eventually had milk near 6 am :) I pumped while nursing and yielded 100 ml, woot!

My yield in office has dropped quite a bit now. Since last Monday, before LNY, I started him on formula twice a day in school. I don't have enough breastmilk to bring to school anymore.

And so it has begun, my baby's first step away from me has happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment