Monday 1 January 2018

Happy new year!

It's already 2018! Where did 2017 go?? Answers:

1) My boys growing up
2) Sito and me growing fat

I realised I have not been talking much about the boys lately. Been real busy at work and too tired to blog after working second (kids) and third (paid work) shifts every week night. Have to try to be more regular in my updates this year on!

So this second consecutive long weekend started on quite literally the wrong foot. But Saturday was good - S told me about one-for-one ice cream at Haagen Dazs so we brought boys downstairs for a treat!

So pleased with his ice cream


Yang wanted a photo too! PS: That's Kai's ice cream stain behind Yang!


Happy to gaze outside on the way to Clementi


Passed by Bata and got them some shoes for Lunar New Year. They couldn't make up their mind! And when they did, they wouldn't let go of the shoes! Even the salesgirl realised that and packed their shoes in separate bags so that they could carry their own shoes!

We met for S for dinner at Clementi. She was the first brave one to venture out with us with the kids coming along! We managed to have snippets of conversation going with Sito and I taking turns to watch the kids with N.

Yu had fun at the playground :)


Kai was so sweet to Yu


Kai had a run-in with another boy at this playground. That boy was shorter but probably not much younger than Kai. They exchanged a few fists and words. And Kai couldn't stop talking about Ryan - yes, he knew his name! - when we sat down for dinner! And when we got back to the playground after dinner, he was asking where Ryan was *.*

Yang wanted a photo in front of this poster


It rained most of Sunday so we stayed in mostly. I baked some muffins and an oatmeal flapjack early in the morning for afternoon snack and dinner dessert. After tea, we went to Mother's place for dinner.

Us at a red light!


My minion is great with cars


We had great plans for the first day of the new year. We wanted to go outdoors so the renovated Jacob Ballas sounded great! But the rain from NYE didn't stop. So we stayed in, which was just as well coz N left after us on NYE and did not come back until noon today! Said she had to get her sister who was coming to Singapore via Batam, and couldn't make it in time for the last ferry back. But the first ferry today was 6 am. Whatever.

But this experience told me one thing - we could possibly survive without a helper! Yu woke at 6 am and lazed with me for some 45 min. Then we got out for breakfast, and his brothers joined us. And I managed a whole hour on my own until I had to pee - that was the cue for waking Sito :p And we managed on our own until lunch time. Lunch is always bad coz it gets messy *.* Else, we managed to get breakfast, clean up and entertain the kids. I say not bad, not bad at all!

And since we were holed in, I took the opportunity to do some housekeeping. With them going to a new centre that requires them to wear uniform in the afternoon, we won't need so much street clothes. So I packed away all clothes with the slightest stain to give away on Carousell/Facebook. And of the remaining, I packed those looking worn into a bag labelled HOLIDAY - we'd use them on our next holiday, and probably not bring them back.

One whole bag of clothes to get rid of!


All three boys napped well. I was surprised that Kai and Yang didn't ask for a movie after their nap - great! Coz this morning we already watched Rise of the Guardians and one disc of 十万个为什么 which I got from the recent book fest. They just played a lot and whined a lot until Mum they all came over with their shopping from New Zealand, and then we went out for dinner together.

So we ended this first day of the new year with lots of carbs! Sito and I are definitely not getting lighter. We have grand plans to exercise more when we move to our new place. But I'm a little sceptical, and perhaps distrustful, of myself. Coz I didn't exercise regularly the last time I had a gym right downstairs! But my motivation is stronger now - I'm as heavy as I was in my first year in Oxford :(

Need to think through how to manage time though. There are three main things to do after work - settle the kids, gym, work again. And I still hope to fit in a fourth - writing - and sleep at a decent hour. I might have to alternate gym and writing. Better than nothing? Jia you in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment