Monday 1 January 2018

My first sprain

And hopefully the last coz it was damn painful on impact!!

Sito and I were on leave on Thursday. After lunch at Geylang, I somehow stepped into a drain hole at the kerb side as I was getting into the car. It was so painful I shouted out. Sito had to hold on to my right foot coz wa, so painful!!

Luckily, the pain subsided pretty quickly so I was able to drive - to Changi and back! It wasn't until we got back that we thought it looked swollen. So we went to our fave shop downstairs - not for foot reflexology but to check my ankle. The lady pressed my ankle a little and proceeded to give the sides of my right knee a good go. So painful!!!

The swelling looked a bit bigger than this


Dragged my foot to work on Friday coz it was a really busy day. Why was this December so busy??! A colleague saw my foot and said it looked bad. That scared me. And best, I got confused over a meeting time and had to dash out 10min before the meeting time to grab a cab to HQ! Rushing is bad; rushing with a bai kah is worst!

By Friday night, somehow I could walk normally on flat ground without pain though stairs were still challenging. We decided to go to the bone sinseh in Bukit Batok on Saturday morning.

The sinseh pushed my tailbone before starting work on the ankle. I said it didn't hurt. And after a few pulls and tugs, he pressed onto a spot on my ankle, and wa, so painful again?!!! 哪里不痛!你是痛在里面!Whatever you say but don't press anymore!

The foot was ok until the early hours of this year. I was up at night as usual and felt like there was a huge bruise on my foot! I just peeled off the sinseh's plaster. Foot is still swollen, sighs. Hope it gets well soon! But I think my right foot will never look the same again - Sito's right foot is still slightly bigger after his sprain in 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment