Friday 31 December 2021

Festive month!

What is it about December that makes me look forward to it? The cool weather? The Christmas carols? The school holidays? The time for clearing leave? The promise of a new year so near?

This year, it's Papa coming home on 4 Dec, woohoo! And he came back as Santa - gifts for everyone! The kids were very pleased :) He's also Santa for being 50% heavier than me, but that's a story for another day!

Yu with his twin monkeys


Yang with a minion box the size of a minion :p


Kai gets to play super mini Lego with Papa


Sito's PCR result came back in the evening - negative woohoo! But I was already preparing dinner to eat in. He happily went downstairs to see the doctor for a painful hand which turned out to be trigger finger, and got our regular Saturday bubble tea. To celebrate his return, my baked pasta 加料 - bacon and sausages which were popular with everyone!

As we didn't know when his PCR result would return, we arranged with Mum to bring lunch over - this is regular programming when five of us cannot go over. Even though result came back on Saturday, we decided to stick to this anyway as we would be going over the following week.

Dinner was at our fave Ichiban! I thought it was great we decided to cook on Saturday and eat out on Sunday when the helper was out - nothing for me to wash :p

That Sunday happened to be the 12th year of us moving in together so a little sweet thing for us :)


Then a happening week followed....

Monday, I brought Kai and Yang to get school shoes. Plaza Sing seems to have many possibilities so we went there. First stop - chicken balls at the basement :p Then we went to Muji for laced shoes for Kai. He was ok in a size 24 - not the smallest... But we didn't buy immediately as I wanted to check out everything!

Second stop was Skechers. Yang said he didn't like the shoes there. Laced shoes for Kai were too expensive. So we went to find World of Sports, which turned out to be tiny! But we passed by Cotton On and I found a nice pair for Yang. Unfortunately, Yang's feet were too big for the largest size available.

So we went back to Skechers and I made Yang try the shoes. Took two designs in two sizes to find a suitable pair. I had 20% discount from Popular card, yeah!

Then we went to Bata. Yang said his current one was ok but he MUST adjust *.* So I got him a pair from Bata. He said it wasn't the same as the ones this year but I thought they looked the same! Also got a pair of North Star for Kai. Then we went to Muji and grabbed the four pair plus a polo tee for Kai.

Since we were there, I had to check out Daiso :p But it was so difficult with them! Anyway, I couldn't find the long floor squeegee so we left empty-handed. 

Kai suggested watching a movie. We were in luck - Encanto was showing in 20 min! We bought tickets - my GV membership came alive based on salesperson's good will :p - and of course popcorn and milo. I sat just diagonally behind them and could hear Yang laugh :) Grabbed a chicken cutlet on our way to the train station. By then, had to get helper to fetch Yu.

Fiddling with the 4x4x4 cube on the way home - first time bringing their own bag out while with me


Tuesday, Yang had a follow-up at NUH. The wait was rather long this time. I told him to try to poop every day else we would have to come back! But still no sight of regular poop.

Yu was very regular, though, with his calls - he called me 15 times between 2.30 pm and 5.30 pm! By the 11th call, Yang was telling him to stop calling me, haha! He happened to be home coz he was sniffling and coughing in the morning. I felt cheated coz no more from 9 am... In any case, I made him do an ART the next day before going to school.

Both of us were in stripes!


Wednesday, the grands brought Kai and Yang out for an adventure! I thought it was just nerf gun but it was more than that! Yang said they took a train to Promenade where we changed trained to Mountbatten during their camp, and walked to the nerf place. Kai said they had lunch (bun with loose meat filling) and started their adventure. First, they painted t-shirts. Then they had two rounds of nerf gun games. Finally, they went climbing - rope like the one in the zoo and rock-climbing! Yang said they wore "nurse's hat" before wearing the helmet - looks like shower cap to me :p

Dad sent the videos - they were awesome! They said they had fun :)


Yu didn't have much fun. He came home to tell his brothers about the work he brought home but no brothers?! I offered him WhatsApp and he asked AhMa where they were. We watched the videos together. When he learnt that they were having xiaolongbao, he also wanted! Ok must bring him for that soon...

Yang dropped his first tooth during a nerf game, woohoo!


My brave boy just took it out and wiped off some blood with tissue. The new tooth has already come out. Oh, I must swop out his tooth for a coin now...

Date night at The Three Peacocks


See the two half lobsters on the grill? Yes, seafood BBQ! There was also meat. I was very full. Sito wasn't so full.  Yu called us two times. The next morning, I asked him if he missed us, and he said he didn't want us to go out at night on Thursday (happened to view a flat that evening) and Friday and every day! Awww....

Every morning, they used this as a stadium to play Beyblade - 3, 2, 1, let it rip!


And the day after I took the above picture, AhMa found them a better stadium!


Yes, that's a pot lid!!! I promised to give them a pot lid back home after kakak left, coz I would break out my new frying pan with its own lid. And every day after that, Kai couldn't stop asking about the lid *.*

Seriously, Beyblade is THE thing. They would watch an entire episode in Malay coz they couldn't find that episode in English. I got curious enough to google what "3-2-1 let it rip" is in Japanese: 3-2-1, go shoot! Not as fun :p

After a couple more fun weekends with the rail corridor and the luge, it was Christmas! We decided we wanted log cakeS :p

Yu wrote the card on top: I pray for the virus to be gone.


Posing before we cut the cake


Yang: I want the Santa head!
Yu: I want the body!
Mama: Hmmm, I don't know if they can be separated...

And as I spoke, I tugged at the figurine and the head popped off! I wished I had said "Off with the head!" :p

It was a super yummy mango logcake from Chateraise! I thought I should get a fruity one rather than a chocolate one since it was Chateraise. Good choice :p The second one was less yummy, chocolate one from Proofer. But we finished it anyway :p

Sito was clearing leave on some days. One day, he brought Kai and Yang out :) They went to Kinokuniya where he tried to interest them in books other than Dogman and Captain Underpants - to no avail... Also bought Christmas presents - Scrabble and more Beyblades! They had Macs for snack and managed to make it back just in time for swimming lesson! I was so busy clearing house after helper left that I almost forgot about swimming :p 

Christmas decor outside Wheelock Place


Play date on Christmas eve!


One day out of the blue, Yang said he wanted K1 and K2 to come and play again. This time, K3 came over too. JY even brought a real stadium along, woohoo! That was a highlight man, even though it was falling apart haha!

Game of Life of course


These six don't have cousins (in Singapore) so it's great they are of similar age and can play together. Even though K1 is older, he can play with the younger ones who also enjoy playing with him!

Christmas eve dinner was pizza! The ad on TV worked for us - we ordered the cheese pops. There was no delivery slots so Sito ordered takeaway - from CCK coz couldn't do takeaway from BPP by then! Second trip to CCK that day coz he jogged there that morning... But it was worth it coz everyone loved the pizza!

The kids happily tore open their new Beyblades on Christmas. Yu was upset that he couldn't aim his powerful Beyblade into the stadium and complained to Papa. So dear Papa got up to go to CCK again coz he saw a cheap one during his jog :p But guess what? It broke in hours!! At least he got youtiao :p

I cooked my first porridge in a long time on Christmas day, complete with snacks


Christmas dinner was KFC again, heh :p It's a slippery slope from roast turkey years back to baked chicken drumsticks (we skipped the roast chicken totally) to KFC :p

Sito took his booster on Sunday and was unwell on Monday. The grands brought Kai and Yang out on Tuesday so Sito and I went to watch a movie, yeah!

Matrix Resurrections! Not too impressed though...


They went to Haw Par Villa!


We bought a GPS watch and managed to get a SIM card in time to test it out. So I located them in Haw Par Villa, Chinatown and Marina Barrage where they flew a kite for the first time :)

And it's now the last day of 2021!! I bade goodnight and "see you next year" to the kids just now :p Kai was especially tired. Wonder why... Maybe growing up so likes to sleep more? :p

Had dinner at Mother's place. Yu said he wanted nuggets and lucky him, there really were nuggets! As it was raining, we couldn't go to the playground. They didn't ask for toys but helped themselves to the TV instead. Somehow Kai knew Channel 5 is on button 2 *.*

Mini Magnum for dessert!


They were having a chopsticks tournament


I don't like this game *.* But they all want me to play with them! So I made them do things properly before I would play, heh... Especially for Yu - it's so hard to get him to go to school when his brothers are home! And with no helper, I need to send him and be back in time to start work. Chopsticks became my carrot :p

So I'm glad the new year is starting soon - school is reopening, wahahaha! Not to mention a fresh chapter starting when I stop work. Really need to clean the bathrooms properly, oops :p

Too busy and lazy to review 2021 and make plans for 2022. Just welcome every day and wish for good health so that we can create happiness and make memories!

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment