Saturday 18 December 2021

The Luge is really fun!

After the staycation, we still have Sito's rediscover vouchers. So we went for the Luge yesterday!

I woke to see dark clouds outside, and it soon started raining! This, after days of bright sunshine! But the weather forecast showed a gap between 11 am and 1 pm; our booking was at noon which was the earliest available when I booked. So we still decided to go! And we got so lucky - it was bright and cheery, but back home later, it was raining again!

I estimated a late lunch at 2 pm so I made sure we all had breakfast. Somehow, Yang ended up with Yu's egg mayo sandwich on top of his top so he was very well fed. Yu had only one slice of bread with jam and half a slice of cheese. And the eldest ate the least for his built - just a slice of bread with cheese. I got economic beehoon for Sito and had peanut butter sandwich myself. 

Kai was busy with his 4x4x4 while his brothers could not stop talking!


Took the train to Harbourfront and switched to the Sentosa Express. Sito always uses his phone for rides while I use it when out with the kids so it was a O_O moment when we were told that the Express cannot take paywave! But coz it's now free entry, the staff just opened the gates for us. Something to remember for future...

Took the Express all the way to the Beach Station. Understood the tickets wrongly and went to Sentosa ticketing and was told to go straight to Luge. At the Luge ticketing, I realised I also understood the tickets wrongly too - I bought five tickets when I could have bought four and just buy child doubling tickets for Yu, argh! Lucky the vouchers offset the costs though I still spent $14 for nothing, beh...

The only family photo that day


I realised we almost could wear helmets of all the sizes - XS, S, M, L and XL! Just short of the blue M :p I think Yang wanted the blue one but it was too big. Yu said he wanted the red one but it was too big for him too! The remaining three was not so picky with the colour.

Yang and I shared the first ride up


Yang went on the Luge on Yang Yang Day three years ago. He told me that Papa dropped his shoe back then. Sito later said they actually saw someone else's slipper. For the next three rides, I pointed out random slippers to them, and said rubbish like maybe one day, we would find a monkey walking around in slippers :p

I also went on the Luge before - when I was 28! Of course I had forgotten all about how it worked but it was quite cool - pull back to brake, release a bit to move, release all and it goes stationary. Papa + Yu and Yang went ahead first while I waited for Kai who had a bit of trouble with his kart. Then we were off! Papa and Yu came in first, followed by Yang, then Kai and lastly, me. 

Now everyone wanted to go with Papa, haha! But only Yu had that privilege. That didn't stop them from wanting to be with Papa on the next Sky Ride!

My lovely boys :)


Kai was the first to change clothes in the morning. When Yu saw him, he said they were wearing "hot racing wheels" coz we were going racing! How true, haha! Forgot to pull out the same shirt for Papa..

I was all alone!


My boys right in front


Can you see their hair sticking out of the helmet? :p


Then, Yang wanted to ride with me again, and Yu hopped on at the last minute. Finally, Kai and Yu sat with me. Both parents got a bit of all kids, yeah!

Love that Kai was so willing to pose with me! Yu didn't want to take photo...


So Papa and Yu won three rounds. Kai won one round. I was always the last, heh... For our last round, Kai was very upset that he was blocked by this guy who didn't move off. 

Still grouchy when I was taking a photo of their funny hair after the helmets were off


Each round took longer than expected. We spent just over two hours from the first queue to our last ride. The first queue was short and coz it was so fun, there was no complaints when the queues got longer! Yeah!

So lunch was later than expected. We only started eating past 2.30 pm, at Morganfield's. Their menu was different from before - no more burger! So Kai had a whole steak to himself while his brothers had their hotdog bun and some of my ribs shared with Sito.

Sito and I were so tired by then! But the kids didn't want to take a taxi home so we took the train. Probably sustained by the thought of date night with foot massage? :p

Baby on a sunburnt Papa!


Yu said more than once that it was fun. Just now, he said he wanted to go again. And so we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment