Tuesday 7 December 2021

The whole month without Papa

Yes, Sito is away the whole of November! He came back on 2 Oct and left again on 18 Oct. Don't think we have been apart for this long before :(

We started this month with Deepavali. Yu celebrated it in school with a rangoli. He also made a lantern which he brought home a week later.

Yu said he contributed to the red parts


A week on, there's also an exhibition on his class's inquiry work - photo of him with his project!


Fishball baby! So cute!


I was thinking about how sad it was that the boys hadn't been able to eat out at the hawker centre for quite a while, so I decided to bring more hawker food home. I started with the easiest - bee hoon!

$2 bee hoon set, an upgrade from my childhood kosong bee hoon at $0.50


On our way to get Beyblade one week day


The Beyblade is one expensive toy! Bought three boosters and three launchers - almost $84!!! Told them to treasure their toys. If these break in two days, I'm not replacing them! (They didn't break in two days :p)

So happy, showing Papa!


Kai solved the x5 cube!


After racking his brains, he decided to plait my hair


Quite funny but also quite painful... There was also fallen hair all over the floor :( If I starting balding, thanks for paying for treatment, my boy!

Decided to eat outside in two tables!


We were seated across from each other - he looks so tiny and so far away!


But it being Ichiban, some of the staff know us, and they kids eat quite quickly, so it was all quite fuss free. Yu said a few times he wanted to find Yang but he didn't leave his seat. They exchanged a few - loud - words across the tables though. I also had to ask Yang if he wanted his usual tamago sushi after he told me he was done with his full bowl of udon. He did! But back at home, he couldn't eat ice cream with his brothers - too full!

Not the first such photo but I couldn't stop taking - never know when's the last time I'll catch him asleep like this!


He's a very sweet boy. So when he asked for muffins, I obliged. But both Yang and Yu didn't like the chocolate banana muffins :( So to help with Yang's constipation, I bought whole grain flour to replace half the plain flour. And I chose the double chocolate muffins to mask any strong wheat taste. The rise was low as expected, but strangely round and even - no mess! The muffins have quite a bite - can feel the wholemeal. I almost feel healthy! Also baked a brownie with plenty of walnuts - more for myself :p

Nice rise


I was very pleased that five from same household can dine out finally! Yu and I passed by Shi Li Fang on our way to the bridge on a rainy day, and he said he wanted a soft toy like Yang did when I brought him to Shi Li Fang. So we went that very Saturday.

Kai was very grumpy about steamboat. He was also very grumpy about the playground at block 603. But things changed when the food came. He liked the shabu, woohoo! Yang and Yu kept talking and talking but they managed to eat quite quickly even though the food was hot from the steamboat. Including time to order and cook, we spent over an hour there, with them seated throughout - what a feat!

Tried to teach them chopsticks, but...


He made this face on purpose!


But there was no toy on the table like before. I thought it was due to COVID but they had moved the toys to the counter. Kai and Yang saw that we needed stamped to exchange for toys and were disappointed that we got only two stamps this meal. I told Yu there was no toy unfortunately... But just before we left, I saw a big carton of toys with a print at the side that it was one free toy per table, oops... Yu was disappointed so I promised him one of my old toys.

He bugged me for his new toy the moment he woke - gave him my 30yo cat :p


We really enjoyed this evening - I didn't guess; I asked at bedtime :p Along the way, Kai was holding my hand and we were chatting about stuff - can't remember the content but it was such a good feeling :) He's so tall now; I held him by the shoulder and felt like I was holding a big big boy. 

Checked their height just that afternoon - Kai 142 cm, Yang 128.5 cm, Yu 109 cm. When will Kai be taller than me? :)

The good vibes continued into bedtime, when I spent time with each boy, cuddling them as they quietened down.. This continued the next morning when we went for Yakun breakfast. I told them that when we had no more helper, they had to help with housework. They gamely offered to dust, mop and fold clothes :) And when his brothers ran off to the kiddy rides, Kai walked with me. I put my shoulders around him and said, "I put my arm over your shoulder as I'm taller now. One day, you'll be taller and can put your arm over mine, telling me, 'Mama, where's dinner?' (gruffy voice)" He laughed :)

We are spending this month without Papa. Papa is also spending this month without us. And having his birthday away from us!

So we celebrated on 15 Oct before he left!


After our sumptuous meal, I went to the toilet to wash my hands, and saw a staff come out of the cubicle and left the toilet without washing her hands!! I didn't see the face but I told the staff outside. Terrible... Never going back!

Light on my hub :)


And on Sito's birthday, a beetle the size of my thumb (!) flew into my room while I was with Kai and Yang. Yu was alone watching TV and he came in to tell us. Yang checked it out while I continued to talk to Kai. Then they came back and Yang said it was huuuge! Okok, I should go see.

Goodness. Haha! I had to stare at it for a while coz it was flying so fast and hitting the cabinets and the light, to make sure it really was a beetle and not a roach. Then I mounted a rescue mission for Yu's kitty cat - oh yes, that's the name now - which was left on my bed. I did it from the balcony. Even managed to turn off the fan woohoo!

The bug eventually rested on the light. I dared not use the adjacent room so I stayed in the living room. Eventually, I went to bed - with the bug on the light above my knee *.* I covered my face and slept. But I woke a bit here and there and found it gone soon, phew!

That was also the last week of school! I took leave on Tuesday to go to Ikea via Holland Village coz we were thinking of moving back there... Went up a couple of blocks to check out the layout of the flats there, like how I did for Bukit Panjang a year ago. 

I think I spent over two hours at Ikea, including brunch :p Bought quite a lot of things including big boxes. Later, I realised I needed more, and since the kids wanted chicken wings, we went to the Jurong outlet that Saturday!

They were happy with this


Kai was less happy with this while waiting 30 min for a seat at the restaurant


This was the first time I brought them to Ikea on my own. I left them alone at the table while I bought food. Thank goodness they managed to stay still! I forgot what I threatened them with, haha! 

We finished eight wings, some fries, two pasta and 12 meatballs. Kai said he was still not full so we went to the basement after I quickly bought what I needed. Walked one whole round before they decided on OCK. Bought a stick for each of them but Yang dropped his stick after just one bite.

Taken just before Yang dropped his stick 


Took three photos and each boy took turns to close his eyes! This is the best shot - at least the other two were looking at the camera


We left the house at 3.30 pm and got back only about 7.30 pm. We passed by the bus interchange on our way back so I grabbed food for A and didn't need to go down again. I was so tired!

The first week of school holidays was the second week of tongue ulcers, i.e. I did as little as I could, i.e. I gave them Nintendo non-stop! But we went to the zoo on Tuesday as I managed to get corporate pass. 

Yang also had a Zoom call with his kindy friends - so cute!


But this boy didn't say much. He raised a Zoom hand to speak!!! I told him this was not HBL leh... He told me he didn't speak in class, i.e. normal *.* But he couldn't stop talking at dinner! Oh, he would talk with his siblings... I don't know what to say... Anyway, the other four kids were a lot more chatty, maybe coz all girls? :p He left the call soon - to go to bed.

Swimming lessons also resumed finally!


I went to change their tokens and waited quite a bit for bubble tea so I only saw their last lap when I came back. Kai said they did six laps!!

Kai pulled them around - looks like fun!


Yu's house - his homework for the weekend


After dinner, we were trapped in BPP coz it was raining! Went to watch people play Pokemon instead. After a while, I left them there to watch while I grabbed dinner for A. Of course I left three with explicit instructions to just stay still! The rain slowed to a light drizzle by then so we could go home...

Machine has changed but not the kids...


They're having a Beyblade tournament


Ending this month's update with Papa's lunch in Malacca!


No comments:

Post a Comment