Saturday 11 December 2021

走在铁路旁,我弹着吉他, 啦啦啦啦啦……

I didn't think of this song the first time we went. This time, it popped into my head. 

Arranged with YX to hit the rail corridor. Supposed to meet at Jelita Cold Storage at 9.30 am. We would have been punctual but the bus driver did not stop despite us pressing the bell! I was very pissed. We ended up walking back one bus stop.

Yu and I were walking behind Kai and Yang. As they approach a driveway to a house, Kai stopped his brother and checked for cars before continuing. Love!

Kai spotted a lizard and pointed it out to his brothers


The two sets of boys were shy and didn't acknowledge each other. A would talk to me though. Finally, I told Kai that as the oldest one, please go introduce yourself. He did - bravo!

Sito arrived soon. He said ok to the trip yesterday. But at 8 am this morning, he shook his head in bed, hoho! He finally woke as I was preparing the boys to leave and he managed to catch up with us, woohoo! Either Kai or Yu was just saying on the bus that I was a cheater, coz I said Papa would be joining us but he wasn't with us *.*

The rail corridor was a market place - so many people walking and jogging and cycling! It was partly shaded but it being humid, we still sweated buckets!

The boys were still quite shy with each other. But kids being kids, eventually, the oldest two were arm wrestling. All five even raced! Later, A asked us to go to his place, or they came to ours. But sorry, Sito and I wanted to nap, haha! I woke at 4 plus or 5 after a dream, sighs...

Winning order was by height/age - Kai first and Yu last :p


The two oldest boys were arm wrestling at first but it switched sceneries when I whipped out my phone!


If I read Google Maps correctly, that's the Bukit Timah Diversion Canal@Rail Corridor


Tracks appeared as we approached the old station near KAP


Then I forgot to sing the song! Yang reminded me just before we left the tracks at the other end so I managed a quick line, haha! Just now, I also sang a verse for Sito.

Our boys at the station sign!


I didn't notice Kai holding Yu's hand until I reviewed the photos! At first Yang was in the middle but he thought this would look better - it does! And can see the sign more clearly haha! We also got the five to take a photo together as well - go by height, very cute! But I couldn't be bothered to censor faces so not putting that up :p

Papa held Kai


After this, I held Yang


I think Yu was just running about on his own happily! He was the one who walked the most as he kept running forward and turning back... 

Five boys watched the excavator - one was out of camera line of view


很好看咩?I spotted a lizard on the soil and followed that, wondering if it was squashed. A said it ran away, phew!

Yup, Yu was just running about!


Fun with mimosa


Yang held Yu's hand as we walked into Beauty World!


Waiting for prata


I fed them sausages with bread for breakfast so they would have energy for the walk. And I knew the three would just eat prata - no proteins! Yesterday, Yu asked for char siew bao for today but I told him no coz the other two didn't like it as much. I needed them all to have some proteins. He said char siew bao also had meat. Um, I knew but next time, ok?

Later, YX said we walked 3.8 km and burnt 301 calories. Ok, over compensated! My band now says I've walked 9,700 steps. Good to have worked those joints!

No comments:

Post a Comment