Wednesday 29 December 2010

Back home

I’m back in Evanston! And back to my powerful hairdryer! :p This now feels more like home - at least there is some permanence here.. No packing and unpacking for a clear stretch of some five or six months! Phew!

We arrived this morning and had Macs for breakfast at the airport :) Waited for the cab in front of this


We returned to something cute :)


Oooh... I forgot that I asked Sito to tuck Zo-san into bed before he left. Now Zo-san has a friend – Kappa!


Also had a little shock in the kitchen


Wa! That’s a lot of fortune cookies from Chinese takeaways!

Spent the morning unpacking madly.. We brought back so much stuff! Including a box of food! Dried shitake, soup ingredients, 3-in-1 Milo, bah kwa!

I was hoping to wash the bedsheets, unpack, clean the house, shower and sleep – in that order. But the scheduled power outage from 6 am to 4 pm completely ruined this plan. We had only intermittent power so I managed to hoover the house. Then we fell asleep after 1 pm without lunch.. And we woke at almost 5 pm :p

By the time the chores were done, it was time for a late dinner. Wore my new fluffy coat - I like! Though it wasn't too cold today, it felt good to be warm and comfy :)

The shower was really good! It's been a long long day.. Just dried my hair – this short hairstyle is good for this weather as expected; I only had to shake my head to shake the hair out of my face. But I have to style it every time I wash my hair or it will look like shit! Oh well, I have time right? :p

No comments:

Post a Comment