Thursday 26 November 2020

Coffee, tea or me?

Before the circuit breaker, I was having a big breakfast in office every day before 8 am, followed by genmaicha, and later a cup of 2-in-1 at about 10 am. Was trying to wean off this daily coffee already but WFH + no school saw me having two cups on most days. Usually, I have instant coffee plus milk in the morning, and a 3-in-1 in the afternoon.

Actually I just like the taste of milk coffee and treat it like a treat. I like to have angmoh coffee at times but coffeeshop coffee is really yummy! I don't really take coffee to stay awake; it has no effect on my sleep - I once had a cup at 4 pm and slept from 7.30 pm to 7 am :p If I'm more alert, it's likely the sugar. I might get mild heart palpitation if I drink too much at one go :p

But I suspect milk coffee upsets my stomach. Sometimes, I get gastric pain. If I drink coffeeshop coffee, I can get tummy ache. So I treat it as a laxative too when I need it, haha!

Kopi C kosong - my standard coffeeshop coffee


Now that school is back to normal, I'm afraid I couldn't stop my coffee habit. I try to avoid it on weekends but I still like my cuppa on weekdays.

Recently, I brought my genmaicha back from office but I find it hard to drink it. I need just-boiled water but water is usually boiled by the time I come back from sending Kai in the morning or by the time I wake on non-school days. There may also not be hot water at 3 pm. I can use microwaved water for 3-in-1 but not tea - just not hot enough.

But my tummy has not been very good recently. I really should drop at least one cup :( And also chilli. Sighs...

No comments:

Post a Comment