Monday 2 November 2020

Funny Sito baboons, I mean, boys

This morning on the way home after sending Kai to school, I got a call from home. I thought it was Yang but it was Yu - Yang helped him call me.

Yu: Mama, just now I cried...
mf: Oh, why?
Yu: Coz I want you...

Melt!

Both were sleeping when Kai and I left the house. Sometimes, Yu would cry a little. But this was the first time he called to tell me.

Other times, he may not be so sweet... He was a bit rude with Kakak the other day.

Yu: You ah... (to Kakak re something about the shower..)
mf: Hey hey, you ah, you ah...
Yu: Are you a parrot?

Tsk!

Kai was another one. He was doing his composition for tuition when he suddenly went on a totally unrelated train of thought.

Kai: I don't have a phone. When you're dead, can I use yours?
mf: ... ok, you may have it when I'm dead...
Kai: How about the password? Will you remove the password?
mf: .... you may put my dead finger on the phone!!

We had a good laugh over a painful composition - more pain for me than for him...


Yang came home with a printout of his head - bigger than the real deal!


大头娃娃!


Yu also wanted to join in the photos


Taken by Yang :)


We headed to Jcube two Saturdays ago. The idea was to let them take an overground train. Sito and Yang also found a nice little playground when they were last there. And we thought we could have dinner next to the ice rink but Aston was quite full even before 5.30 pm so we didn't get a nice seat.

The playground was quite fun but gosh, black hands and bums!


Yu's first burger was bigger than his face!


He finished over half of that. Good for him! His leftover was my dinner... But I topped it up with a bit of you tiao later when we passed by a stall on the way to find a toilet for Yu.

These kids can eat quite well outside. We did have some meltdowns in the past month. It seemed like Yu was too tired coz he decided not to nap, so he was whining and crying before we sat down for dinner. Thankfully, that passed soon enough.

But at home, they turn into freaking baboons every dinner time. Kai and Yang - but especially Kai - would look at each other and laugh! Over what, I don't know! They laugh until they couldn't eat. And Yu keeps moving around, trying to lie down on my leg or stand up on the chair etc. So they often don't meet the 30-minute deadline. Apparently, this is normal behaviour - I cross-checked with JY; her two older boys are older than Kai and Yang respectively. Or maybe all our boys are abnormal!

Today, I even got a bonus after none of them finished their dinner - they somehow started chasing one another, half naked! And Yu fell and hurt his nose. Had to wipe blood off both nostrils, with one side worse than the other. Thankfully, he didn't feel any pain when I checked again after shower.

Yu looked like this when he fell... They call this one-eyed minion!


Last Saturday, I managed to stay awake and played some Mario Kart with them. Kai was often first and Yang around 5th or 6th while I was placing 12th, i.e. the last, all the time :( When Sito took a break from work, I told the boys Papa would do better than Mama!

Yu gave his all in supporting Papa!


And yes, Papa did do better than Mama :) In other news, I think this sofa won't last very long...

Yu seems to enjoy cheering people on. We were at the kiddy rides a couple of weeks back. A little girl older than Yu but younger than Yang started playing air hockey. Her mum let Yu play with the girl. When Yang was playing, Yu was cheering him on! So cute! In the end, Yu lost twice and Yang won twice. All three kids were happy :)

My koala is a sweet one


Koala can write too!


Yesterday morning, we also had an assignment - Yang was to record a talent show with two family members! Yang had wanted to do some break dance spinning thing but his brothers weren't keen. So I suggested, um, their bedtime magic show... I'll try to upload when I could but it involved a blanket and some pseudo magic :p Took us eight tries to finally confirm it and send to his teachers! It's part of his graduation party apparently. Shall go more into that separately...

No comments:

Post a Comment