Thursday 12 November 2020

Yang's graduation

This is a very different year. For weeks, we couldn't go out much. For months now, we have to wear masks outside.

For graduating students, graduation is also different.

The school continued to organise a graduation ceremony plus concert. But instead of going to the church like past years, everything took place in school, with no audience. Filming took place in October and they sent us the links to the video last Friday :)

Yang brought back a flower for parents on 20 Oct after they filmed the graduation ceremony - I remember they had Kai bring flowers to parents during his ceremony too :)


On 1 Nov, I wrote my first letter to Yang - and he read it out loud :)


On Friday 6 Nov, the school also threw a graduation party for them. I think it was a bit early also coz that was Teacher Em's last day - she's taking a long break to attend to family matters back home. The kids were all dressed up and they had plenty of food and candies the whole day!

See my handsome boy! 


Kai had no school that day so I had time to dress Yang up. He told me he had to be a prince :) He was very happy with the shirt. But we took some time for the pants... The first pair was too short - off to Yu's cabinet. The second was too uncomfortable - Kai found it uncomfortable too so it went straight to the giveaway bag. The third was just nice!

Wheeled some presents to school for his teachers - forgot to take photos earlier!


I was thinking flowers and chocolates but they can't be kept. And Teacher Em was flying off. So I found plushies - so soft to hug :) I also prepared cards for his teachers. Yang told me what to write and I wrote on the inside of the cards. He was supposed to draw on them too but for Teacher Em's card, he brought it to school without me knowing! Thank goodness he drew on it already - or so he said... For Z Laoshi, I saw him draw on the card and managed to take a picture of it.

Card for Z Laoshi


And his sweet teachers made the kids a book of memories!


It takes so much heart to be a teacher! And these two teachers have been with Yang since we joined this school. So amazing to have this kind of stability! I hope after the many changes in Yu's teachers this year, he would have good teachers too to see him through kindy...

That Friday was also P1 orientation via zoom. Only the last segment of a virtual tour of the campus would be of interest to Yang. So I let him go for his graduation party instead and took videos of the virtual tour to show him - zoom anyway right? :p

We watched the graduation and concert at Mum's place on Sunday, amid many complaints from Kai... It was so nice! Too bad the video and sound quality isn't very good. Just managed to do some screenshots from the videos - happy! :)

My graduand!


Chinese - CHINESE! - emcee introducing Yu's item :)


Yu in finale - third from left


Yang in finale - bottom left; he's also in another group doing the same thing coz his class was short of kids so we got to see more of him! :p


Enjoy the last few weeks as a preschooler, my dear Yang!

No comments:

Post a Comment