Sunday 22 November 2020

Weekends with no Papa vs. with Papa

Last Saturday was Deepavali. But Sito had a meeting in office. So the four of us were left to our own device! It's easier to bring them out than stay at home so out we went!

Yu just before he dozed off on the North South Line


Btw, he's holding his EZ-Link card in Kai's old cardholder. His own cardholder was even older and the silicon was kind of sticky on the side. So that week, as Kai broke his lanyard for the second time and decided to just put his card in his wallet (big boy!!), I put Yu's card into this instead.

When we reached AMK, I had to carry Yu off the train. He tapped in but didn't tap out coz he was sleeping on me - luckily he travels for free :p But he wasn't in deep sleep. I managed to set him down when we got to AMK Hub. Thank goodness, he's already 15 kg...

I had wanted to go to the basement but these three boys plus COVID-19 safe management measures weren't making things easy so I just bought some cookies and cake, and got on the bus.

Kai was excited about the new terrapins that Mother regretted buying, hoho! Think she was too bored.. Last we kept terrapins, I was maybe 11? And the thing died. I was sad.

"Why do they look dead?"


So he clapped to disturb them as he couldn't touch them, and was very excited to see them move a little!


Then he made some weird sounds. And the terrapins moved a lot! He was so excited that he went to grab Yang to see the creatures.

"I spoke 'turtle'!" Hoho! Learnt from Nemo...


But Yang and Yu weren't too interested. After a short while, Kai also left the animals to themselves... Lesson here - don't get pets for them. Or at least, don't get terrapins which often look dead!!

Yang asked WaiPo for the toys - I told him to use Chinese and he did: 玩具在哪里?


Dinner took a while and they had difficulty finishing their rice coz they had too many nuggets! But Yang and Yu proved that kids have a second stomach for desserts.

Yu wanted his cake while playing so he couldn't sit properly to eat...


Btw, the cake was from Pine Garden. I bought a slice of lychee martini to reminisce our wedding :)

Scene of the coffeeshop from the playground - 40 years on, it's finally bustling; there's even a queue of youngsters!


Sito came home after we did - with yummy snacks :p Proof of third stomach?


Finally confirmed my suspicion about this expression - he calls it 西瓜


More 西瓜 with a clearer view of the original on his shirt..


Yang also wanted 西瓜


One more time another day - so cute!


Last Sunday, I finally decided to treat them to kiddy rides - it's moving!


Kai wasn't too pleased that the game wasn't like the advert though...


Tare pandas!


I've been meaning to take this picture for some time. It wasn't until yesterday that Sito was free and I remembered :p The kids often do this to me during bedtime. Papa's turn! Hoho!

It was raining yesterday but Kai wanted to check out some books at Popular so we supported him! He also ate a lot at Ichiban Sushi - had to order more kappa maki for him.

One umbrella each


I don't know why but they really like to use umbrellas...


In a short while, we're leaving for Mum's place. We're going on a staycation together! Update later...

No comments:

Post a Comment