Friday 6 November 2020

Jalan jalan in the neighbourhood

I took the PM off on Wednesday coz I had to give up a PM leave last month. As Kai had CCA until 4.15 pm, I had three clear hours before fetching him. So I decided to use a Swensen's voucher from AIA before walking it off by checking out the flats around us.

Alas, the first activity didn't happen. The queue was too long coz everyone had the same voucher which happened to expire yesterday. And I was hungry. So I hopped into the foodcourt instead.

My walk started shortly before 1 pm and end just before 3 pm. I clocked over 12,000 steps!!

Anyway, years back when we bought our current place, we didn't think about how our kids would get to school... We were lucky to end up here coz there's a straight bus from downstairs, via expressway. Even though HV is much closer, the journey to school takes the same time as from BP! 

So now that we're considering moving, we figure that we'll stay put in BP coz of its accessibility to primary and both prospective secondary schools. 

Now, where did I go?

1) Jelapang Road

This is the furthest but I saw a number of large flats with nice floorplan in this area online. So I noted down the blocks and off I went! The first block was kind of far from the main road. I had difficulty making my way around to find the 972M bus stop. 

I walked down the road to check out more flats, taking photos of the unit layout and even taking the lift up to take pictures of corridors :p

Then I was unfortunate enough to walk into dismissal time at Greenridge Primary School. Unlike Kai's school or even my old school with a large space for waiting parents, this school had only the usual pedestrian walkway outside the school. It has been rainy so no one stepped onto the grass which is anyway too near the road.

So crowded...

Somehow, I wandered back away from the main road again to check out other blocks. Then I hit a drain. Guess it was time to end this part.

Google Maps told me to follow the drain so I did.

So pretty!


2) Fajar road

But I didn't quite know where I was despite the map :p So I was kind of surprised when suddenly, I saw Pang Sua Pond! Waited for R to come down from her place to return my cable. She heard what I was doing and sent me her real estate agent. Good contact to keep until we're ready!

Didn't check out this spot much though. Don't recall any floorplans from this area.

3) Senja Road

I was debating whether to check out Bukit Panjang Ring Road but figured I wanted to go nearer to home as I was quite tired by then. So Senja Road it was.

The flats here are near a 960 bus stop and another MRT entrance, which is great! But the floorplans aren't fantastic. I went up for a look and decided maybe not. But there seem to be different layouts further in. Think I'll check online first.

Went to get some barley etc at BPP before sitting down at the prata place downstairs, resting my body and having a nice cup of iced kopi C kosong :)

I was supposed to bring A to fetch Kai, to teach her how to go by the Little India way home. Useful for rainy days and also safer for Kai - intend to let him come home on his own next time... But we were on the bus when I got this major stomachache. I sent A on her way and alighted just before we hit the expressway. 

The nearest toilet should be at the coffeeshop but I almost fainted after crossing the road! A kind passerby supported my arm and pointed me to the toilet. Apparently, I caught the eye of some customers coz a guy at the toilet asked me if I was ok when I came out *.*

At times like this, I'm super thankful that we have toilets everywhere and this one in particular was clean enough!! My impression of coffeeshop toilets isn't too great...

Walked a little bit more to the bus stop to grab a bus home. I thought of walking but my tummy was still uncomfortable. As the bus approached home, I thought I could check out a few more areas next time. There's still two more areas I shortlisted this round - BP Ring Road and Gangsa Road. Can add Petir Road to the list. Going to check out HL's place across our place in 30 min - excited!

Update in two hours

HL's block is super accessible. But I saw floorplans with a bomb shelter and wasn't sure if I wanted to shortlist it. I reached out to HL on Wednesday and she invited me over today. The bomb shelter turns out to be in a good location in the kitchen. And the space, gosh. There's also much corridor much to be utilised. Can shortlist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment