Monday 1 April 2024

An encouraging song, but not useful

Two weeks ago, we were watching TV in the living room when I somehow had to go to our room. As I walked in, I saw a small lizard on the floor near the door. It looked like the one hiding in our study. It saw me and crawled back in. I followed it while asking Sito to bring a box. But the lizard changed direction and aimed for our bed! 

We couldn't get it out - it was on the floor under the middle of our bed. Then, it crawled to a leg. I tried to trap it with the box but missed. 

And then it disappeared!!!!!!

My heart sank. I would have to sleep with a lizard hiding under the bed. It may come out at night. Would it go on the bed? Horror of horrors!!

I felt so sian and was scared to sleep. Then a song popped into my head. I changed the lyrics to suit my situation, as a form of encouragement. But I kept waking up at night, sighs...

A couple of days later, I spotted a small lizard at the dining area. Looked like the same one. I could sleep better but dining area 🤮 It refused to fall into the lizard trap after five days. Then I saw a small lizard going into the gap between the bookshelf and the skirting - it was fairer so I thought it molted. But a couple of days on, I saw the darker one at the dining area again. Two lizards!!!!!!

I want to cry.

This morning, I spotted a small lizard near the fridge. Didn't see the colour clearly. In any case, I'll leave the lizard trap there. Save my time moving it out of our robot mop's way.

Anyway, here's the song:

*** *** ***

I’m so afraid, I’m so petrified
Thinking I would sleep with you right under my bed
And after spending hours
Thinking how you did me wrong
I grew strong
And I learnt how to get along

Now you're back
From I don’t know where
And I find you here
With that empty look on your face
I should've whacked you with a mop
Or let you crawl along
If I'd've known for a second
You'd be hiding in my bed

Go on, go, walk out the door
Turn around now
You're not welcome anymore
You're the one who tried to scare me with a hi
Think I'd crumble?
You think I'd lay down and die?

No, not I, I will survive
Long as I know how to sleep, I know I'll stay alive
I've got whole night to sleep
And the hub is by my side
I will survive
I will survive!





No comments:

Post a Comment