Wednesday 29 December 2004

mf finished nua-ing, tomorrow must work..

Something came to mind while I was in the shower just now: sometimes I do stupid things for the sake of stupidity - they are stupid things meant to be done stupidly; sometimes I do stupid things cos I am just stupid. Period.

:p

Anyway, random thoughts aside, I'm back! One and only friendly Malaysian customs guy I met so far smiled and said, "You came from Malacca, not Penang hur?" Not that funny considering the severity of the disaster, but not one to disappoint, I smiled anyway *shrug*

Nothing particularly interesting came up in the trip; maybe we didn't explore much but the interesting bits in Malacca were just bits, really..

It was very weird on the first day; none of the shops seemed to be open! We were just walking aimlessly along closed shops until we reached a plankwalk that ran along the river. It was such an incongruent sight: the plankwalk was so new, complete with a nice pavillion with benches and a rubbish bin, whereas the surrounding areas along the river were mud and zinc-roofed houses with visble litter. That aside, it was great just sitting with Susan in the breezy pavillion, sharing thoughts as the sun went down :)

We spent the morning of the second day walking through a stretch of road with all kinds of quaint little - and some big - items. I had to take back what I told Susan the day before, that I wasn't interested in looking at antiques. I wouldn't buy cos I might be freaked out when I wake at night to see some tribal face staring down at me from the mantel. But they are really nice to look at, in a shop. Or in books.

There was this Malaqa House that we sort of roamed into. Everything in it looked a hundred years old or more! We took the queaky steps to the first floor - oh yes, they have ground floor then first :) - and look down through old windows into the little garden below. There was a kind of peace I felt there that I just couldn't describe. The arrangement, the smell, the silence. Ahhh, nice.. You must go see my picts - when I've uploaded them.

After having over-rated chicken rice balls for lunch, we shopped the afternoon away. I shall no longer think of how much money I spent, but I no longer need to shop for lingerie for at least a year haha!

Besides some sightseeing and shopping, all we did were to nua in the hotel, chatting tian nan di bei, watching NHK news and drama, beautifying ourselves. Just, relaaaax :) The weather was disappointing! It did not stay bright and sunny! We had wanted to go suntanning by the pool this morning but it rained =( And that was the first time I stayed in a hotel with a pool ok.. Alternative was, however, totally befitting of a nua trip: we ended up with more NHK and more tian nan di bei, heh..

Oh on the way back to Singapore, we got off the bus and walked to the causeway. We believed that even by the time our mobiles registered SingTel and M1, our run-down bus must be still stuck on the wrong side of the causeway!

Before I turn in, Hup was *almost* mean to me just now, so I want to annouce, then hopefully he won't be mean again haha! ^_^ Ok mf is delirious, SLEEP..

No comments:

Post a Comment