Thursday 3 November 2005

Sniff

Suddenly smell something real nice. Some perfume? It's almost 4am. Could it be the smell of the early morning? Can't remember the last time I stayed up this late in front of a comp. Must be in Oxford; there were times when I crawled back under my duvet only when I heard the birds singing and the sky was dawning..

I'm tempted to wait for first light. It should be quite early right, at this time of the year in the northern hemisphere? Ok we're not too up north here at 3deg above the equator. Or is it 0.3deg? :p

Thought it interesting that even at this lattitude, slight changes in daylight hours are still detectable, eg it was pretty bright the past week or so when I woke at 630am.. Or was it slightly darker? Oh dear, perhaps I should sleep..

Oh, this evening, colleague mentioned that it looked rather dark for 630pm. It's Nov now, the clock has been turned back last weekend in the higher lattitudes. I only recalled when I switched on my lappy yesterday and it asked me to check the computer time - it's still in UK time!

Anyway, found the source of the fragrance - CY's souvenir for me from Aus: a lavendar soap bar on the altar behind me. Love it :)

1 comment:

  1. Singapore is at lat 1 deg 15 minutes north. Well, our sunrise and sunset times do change but really only a little bit. Maybe about 20 minutes. I think a big factor is cloud coverage, which tends to be higher this time of year!

    ReplyDelete