Saturday 25 March 2006

Bundle of joy

Went to visit LH yesterday after healthy lifestyle. We were swooning over her baby! But you know babies, they are so small and fragile I don't really dare to touch.. Just very cute as he slept in his cot.. I always notice the nose - a little knob in the centre of the face, but as the baby grow, the bridge becomes more pronounced and suddenly, everyone find a new spot to pinch :p

Baby woke. Somehow lost his left mitten and left footie in the process. I bucked up courage to just touch the little exposed foot.. So soft!

I also want a baby *.*

Many years ago, Ting came under Mother's care when he was about one, leaving when he was three or four. Then we had Peggy at four months. She stayed with us for almost four years. But after that, they continued to visit us, especially Ting who would stay over for a couple of weeks during the school holidays and we would bring him with us to visit Grams. I was very much a kid back then, watching a much younger kid grow up. Used to carry Ting around, play with him, coax him to sleep, teach him this and that. Now he is 15, so fast!

Cousins are quite grown now but I still can't forget how we used to chase after the two sisters who as toddlers ran so fast down the corridor! And of course their pretty matching frocks :) They are 18 and 19 now, and we can tell them apart :p The brother is 14 and refuses to let him hug him like before haha! Youngest cousin Hui is eight, still bubbly and baby of the family but in a few years there will be no more babies in the family unless.. Hey the older cousins! When will it be your turn? :)

But I'll have my own baby la :p Think it's an amazing thing, don't know how to explain.. ... Idea! Married or not, I'll have a baby - born or adopted - by 35. Na, hope you're ok with a baby in our house? Which means maybe we'll need a 4-room instead of 3-room.. I'll pay more? :p

2 comments:

  1. tt is still possible, anything can happen within next 9 yrs 4 u...oops, do i reveal sometink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm... so I'm the Godmother or what? Well, I don't know... seems very far-fetched... besides, when you get a baby, it probably means that you're married, so I'll be out of the picture.

    If adopted, can a kid have 2 mummies? I guess I don't mind having a kid around, but I'd rather we have a couple years of babyless singlehood first, you know? heh... Na~

    ReplyDelete