Saturday 4 March 2006

Tiring week

Was working toward a few deadlines, finally finished all on Fri evening. Tomorrow, I shall rehearse for a presentation on Mon, yet another chance to hone my presentation skills. After the Mon meeting, I have a couple of loose ends to tie up before a short work trip to UK on Fri.

Only heard yesterday that I might have to go. Quite exciting, I thought, cos it would be the first to UK since my return in Sep 2003 but was worrying a bit about not finishing some work that I'll be leaving behind very soon as I'm being seconded elsewhere. Reminds me of my summer trip to Germany and Switzerland when I was thinking of my dissertation which had barely started.. Then LH said the work wasn't urgent and I should go for exposure. Turned out my involvement was confirmed so I mapped out a schedule to finish as much work as possible.

Anyway, the secondment should take place once the office is ready, likely April. Be moving closer to town, quite near the dance studio so it's easy for me to go practise after work. I foresee improvement! :p *fingers crossed*

Told Mother about UK when I got back yesterday and sat down for some TV with her..

Mother: I think you're not very pretty..
mf: o_O *where did that come from?!*
Mother: Chin is too sharp.. Nose isn't too nice too..
mf: My chin is not very sharp! Anyway, it's better than a round one! And what about my nose? What else?? Why?!
Mother: Don't know la!

This sucks..

A few of us met up for lunch today cos WX just came back for the month. She looked pretty in her Japanese fashion, I'm envious.. And apparently, the Jap government scholarship gives a really generous allowance. I should have gone there..

Feeling very tired now, must be the heat this pm. Going to shower before catching up on some work and/or reading.. Blog something tomorrow if I have time..

4 comments:

  1. Buy me stuff if you go k?!! Oh I miss Oxford St.. Sob Sob...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm your mum's comment was quite random.

    seconded to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy yourself.. SZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm why would a mother tell her child that she is not that pretty.....hmm.....*wonders*.....
    Unless there's another sister hahhahaa

    ReplyDelete